Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Frank Schjelderup 9 posts 29 karma points
    Oct 29, 2013 @ 10:36
    Frank Schjelderup

Contour - dropdown field, sorting options

Hi,

In a project the customer has a dropdown field in one of his forms with over 80 options, and needs to add to them from time to time.Now the new options allways ends up at the bottom of the list, and there is no way of sorting the list. This means that the customer needs to remove all 80+ options and add them in again one by one in sorted order every time a new option is inserted.

Is there any plans for adding a sorting function into Contour for dropdown fields? (i.e. pushing up/down, sortorder field for each entry or plain drag-and-drop)?

If not, consider this a request for such functionality :)

The site for this customer runs on Umbraco 4.11.4 and Contour 3.0.6.

Regards

Frank Schjelderup

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Oct 29, 2013 @ 10:46
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Frank,

If you have the option to upgrade your Contour version for at least version 3.0.10 or later, you should have the possibility of sort on the options in a dropdown field.

Have a look on this post and see Tim´s answer.

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/29801-how-do-i-sort-the-values-in-a-drop-down-list

http://www.screenr.com/fN57 Video where Tim is showing the sort option.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Oct 29, 2013 @ 11:02
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Frank,

Quick question are you adding the value of the field one by one in the contour section ? 

What other possible way of updating this drop down list is to make use of Prevalues under Contour section. So creating a new Prevalue Source using Get Values from Textfile.

Then from your contour form Choose Drop Down List > Additional Settings > Prevalue Type > Your Prevalue Type Created.

//fuji

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Oct 29, 2013 @ 11:04
    Fuji Kusaka

@Dennis, thanks for your input on this, i myself wasnt aware of this!! :P

• Frank Schjelderup 9 posts 29 karma points
    Oct 30, 2013 @ 14:36
    Frank Schjelderup

@Dennis, thank you for that info, we'll look into upgrading :)

@Fuji, thanks, but that option may be a bit too dificult for the Writer-level user at the customer who sets up and uses the form. Will look into it though. :)

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Oct 30, 2013 @ 14:41
    Dennis Aaen

Okay Frank that sounds good to me.

If you don´t know where to find the information for upgrading Contour. It can be found here:

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/Installation/Upgrade

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft