Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Roffey 18 posts 32 karma points
    Feb 25, 2011 @ 18:24
    Mark Roffey

Error Transfering media files from Umbraco using Courier

Hi Guys,

We seem to be having a problem transferring files from our staging server to live server using Courier.

Everything appears to be working fine in that we when we transfer media, it says succesfull, in this case we get the message

myimage updated (id: 28d732d0-64a2-4a96-8044-ccc14e838311)

But when we go to look at the corresponding media directory on the live server, the image data has all been copied across, but not actual image (we see the standard image location with the link underlined, which clicks through to a 404).

In our case, we've been forced to have a virtual directory for the media folder to point outside the umbraco installation, but this does have read/write/modify permissions.

It's worth pointing out that if we were to upload an image from the media section on the live site normally, the image is created okay.

Can anyone advise?

• Phillip Ng 148 posts 250 karma points
    Feb 23, 2012 @ 02:05
    Phillip Ng

Nudge... any advice? We have the exact same problem but in Umbraco 4.7.1 and Courier 2.5. During the Courier deployment, the "files to be transferred" list doesn't even show the path of the image. Mark, did you happen to figure it out?

Mar 03, 2012 @ 01:13
    Phillip Ng

I'm starting to wonder if it's has something to do with a load-balanced environment and UNC pathing. Has anyone implemented UNCs and Courier in tandem and faced a similar issue?

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Mar 05, 2012 @ 10:36
    Per Ploug

Hi Phillip

Courier should be able to detect virtual directories, and with UNC pathing as well, do you have some paths exemples from your site and I can run some tests on them

/per

Mar 05, 2012 @ 18:32
    Phillip Ng

Hi Per

The path is \\p2pcredit.local\dfs\dev\dev1\cms\media. We get the following from the error logs:  

Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction:resources: /p2pcredit.local/dfs/dev/dev1/CMS/Media/1772/targaengine.bmp Was not found

There should be a second slash at the beginning of the path in the error I think. Here is the full exception from the log

at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)

at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()

at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Helpers.Bench.(String func, Boolean showStack, Boolean showStart)

at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.Package()

at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.[1](IRevisionTask value)

at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.[1]()

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot)

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntry(Boolean bPreventDoubleExecution)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)

Thank you!

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Mar 06, 2012 @ 16:10
    Per Ploug

thanks, will give it a go and see why it doesn't act as intended

Mar 11, 2012 @ 00:09
    Phillip Ng

Hi Per

Have you had a chance to take a look at this any further? Thank you!

• Peter Bersani 14 posts 34 karma points
    Mar 12, 2012 @ 14:02
    Peter Bersani

I don't know if this is related, but it may be.  We're running Umbraco 4.7.1.1 & Courier 2.5.4.  When a media file is transferred, everything appears fine (the image file is even accessible through browsing).  But the "umbracoFile" property returns nothing for an inline XSLT Macro we are using.  The Macro works fine on the initial instance, before the Courier transfer.

Mar 16, 2012 @ 02:54
    Phillip Ng

No, I don't believe so. The image isn't available on the receiving server, unlesss somehow the pathing gets transferred wrong. Thanks

• Jey 7 posts 27 karma points
    Aug 29, 2013 @ 07:42
    Jey

Any solution for Mark Roffey s initial post of this thread? We are also getting same kind of issue with Courier 2.7.5 version. Can any one help to resolve the issue?

• Tom 5 posts 25 karma points
    Aug 29, 2013 @ 12:31
    Tom

It's not entirely the same as what I've been experiencing (http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/44291-Unable-to-publish-updated-files-(but-no-error-message)) but I wouldn't be surprises if those issues were related somehow.

Sep 03, 2013 @ 14:20
    Jey

Courier 2.7.8 fixes the issue..

Sep 03, 2013 @ 14:21
    Jey

Courier 2.7.8 fixes the issue..

• Nikolay Arhangelov 15 posts 34 karma points
    Nov 28, 2013 @ 11:14
    Nikolay Arhangelov

Hello,

I am having a similar issue - my environment has several Staging servers using DFS for the Umbraco root and a network load balancer. When I package a single media item, the image file does not get included in the revision's resources. If I try this on my Dev and Local environments (exactly the same configurations, but without DFS), it works.

I am using Umbraco 6.1.3 and Courier 2.7.8.15.

Thanks!

• Maneesh 13 posts 33 karma points
    Jun 01, 2015 @ 06:58
    Maneesh

Hi All,

I have the problem with umbraco courier.Whenever i transfer any media file like pdf,doc,xls(except image files .gif,.png,.jpeg) from staging to live(destination environment), it doesnot transferring the media files.That means, the content nodes are getting transferred, but the files like pdf,doc,xls included with in that page is not getting transferred.

But there is not having an issue with image files as I mentioned above.

The umbraco version Using is : 4.0.2.1

The courier vesion using is : 1.3

Could anyone please suggest an idea about why this is happening?

Also, please suggest the solution for fixing the same.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft