Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• umbracov 38 posts 58 karma points
    Apr 28, 2011 @ 22:26
    umbracov

error installing courier

I am installing courier 1.2 on umbraco version 4.5.2

Everytime I enter the host name and click the submit, I get the following error.

Courier failed in updating the configuration file. It might be due to insufficient permissions. Please update the /umbraco/plugins/UmbracoCourier/Settings/courier.config file manually

Error message:

System.Xml.XmlException: Invalid XML document, The document does not have a root element.. at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Save(String filename) at Umbraco.Courier.BusinessLogic.Settings.Config.Save() at Umbraco.Courier.Dialogs.Install1.updateConfig_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Editing the Courier.config does not help either.

I tried looking into the UserTypes and get the following error message

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index

I do not have the paid version of courier. I would like to explore the possibilities with the trial version before I purchase one.

Any help and support is appreciated.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Apr 28, 2011 @ 23:07
    Sebastiaan Janssen

It seems like you're not updating it with the correct values. Could you make sure the application pool user has permission to write in that folder and try to install Courier again?

• umbracov 38 posts 58 karma points
    Apr 28, 2011 @ 23:57
    umbracov

Application pool Identity is set to 'Netwrok Service' and it has permission to write in the application folders. Am I missing something here?

• Phillip Ng 148 posts 250 karma points
    Dec 29, 2011 @ 21:51
    Phillip Ng

I am getting the same error. Can the hostname be an IP address?

• Phillip Ng 148 posts 250 karma points
    Dec 29, 2011 @ 21:54
    Phillip Ng

I found the answer to my question. No, hostnames can't be IP addresses. See the following thread

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft