Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Mahoney 240 posts 452 karma points
    Nov 28, 2011 @ 21:03
    Chris Mahoney

2.5: Empty window after Packaging

Hi,

I'm having an issue with Courier 2.5 that seems to affect "big" nodes.

My site has eight main category pages, each with many sub pages. I can deploy most of these without any fuss, but one of them is problematic. I right-click and choose Courier, select to include children, and click Deploy. The "Packaging" window appears and I can see its progress. No trouble so far!

After this step is complete, which takes about 10 minutes, the Courier window (not the whole page) goes blank/white instead of giving me the Items/Files summary screen. All I can do at this point is hit the X in the corner to cancel the transfer.

If I break the transfer up into smaller chunks then each goes across successfully. It's only when I try to transfer the entire node with all of its subpages that I run into the white screen. I first thought that I may be hitting a timeout so I set <httpRuntime executionTimeout="1800" /> in web.config on both servers, therefore taking it up to 30 minutes, but unfortunately that didn't fix it. I also turned on logging in courier.config but there are no errors recorded in the log.

Any ideas?

I'm running Umbraco 4.7 on the source server and 4.7.1 on the destination.

Thanks,
    Chris

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Nov 29, 2011 @ 10:05
    Per Ploug

Hi Chris

I am pretty sure that the empty window is caused by a packaging which fails, as the UI can't load, due to not finding a finished revision to display. 

There should be a log entry, but you might have to restart your site for courier to register that logging should happen

• Tom Hewitt 7 posts 27 karma points
    Nov 29, 2011 @ 10:22
    Tom Hewitt

I am having exactly the same problem, but even when I try and Courier one item. I have looked in the Courier log and there are no errors.

I have also looked in the revision location and the revision is being created successfully, even to the point where the Task manager shows a successfully packaged revision and allows me to continue from there. However, the Courier transfer does not work (content not updated on the target site), even though the Task Manager claims to have transferred the items.

I'm really not having much luck with Courier. :-(

Nov 29, 2011 @ 10:32
    Tom Hewitt

We have found a Javascript error when this happens:

Line: 286

Char: 21

Code: 0

Per, do you have any clues on why this is happening?

Nov 29, 2011 @ 11:09
    Tom Hewitt

This error is coming from the ~/plugins/courier/dialogs/CommitItem.aspx page. I have found an identical error mentioned in the forum: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/26174-Javascript-error-on-deployment-courier-25, but changing the setting that is mentioned in here does not make any difference.

For now, I have changed the javascript in the aspx and all is well.

Nov 29, 2011 @ 21:15
    Chris Mahoney

First of all, regarding logging, I don't think I explained it very well. Logging is working but it's all informational stuff like "Allowed Types: relateOnCopy" or "Umbraco.Courier.uComponents.XpathLists.XpathDropdownList:ItemResouceResolvers: Executing resouce resolver Umbraco.Courier.uComponents.XpathLists.XpathDropdownList on PackagedResource event, on resource: /media/14224/civildefence-090514-earthquakemap_thumb.jpg". What I was trying to say in my first post is that I don't see any actual errors in the log.

I made the JavaScript change in CommitItem.aspx but it didn't make any difference for me so I think we're looking at a different issue in my case.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Any other ideas?

Jan 10, 2012 @ 21:15
    Chris Mahoney

I've just tried out Courier 2.5.1 and unfortunately I'm still having this issue. Like in 2.5, the log only contains "good" entries and no actual errors so I have no idea what to try next.

Help! :)

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jan 12, 2012 @ 10:36
    Per Ploug

Hi Chris

http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoCourier/2.5.3/ 2.5.3 is out, mostly performance updates, but also improves the loading in the packaging dialog so it happens in smaller bites rather then in one big one. 

Also, log is now divided into debug, error and timers

/oer

• Milan Turner 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jan 12, 2012 @ 16:24
    Milan Turner

Per,

I've tried both package installation and manual installation. I still get the problem where the window hangs at "Please wait..." Is there anything in particular to look for in the error log?

Jan 12, 2012 @ 20:30
    Chris Mahoney

I'm afraid that I'm having the same issue now; I select the content, click the Deploy button, and it freezes at "Packaging your items: Please wait..."

Edit: Or maybe not. The logs are still growing so maybe I just need to wait it out.

Edit 2: Nope, it''s just sitting there forever. The debug and error logs appear to be OK, but the timer log includes this exception:

13/01/2012 8:36:24 a.m.: 0 MS: Stack:    at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)

at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
       at ..(String func, Boolean showStack, Boolean showStart)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.Package()
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.PackagingTask.Run()
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.(IRevisionTask value)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.‘()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecutionContextCallback(Object obj)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntry(Boolean bPreventDoubleExecution)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.ThreadPoolTaskScheduler.LongRunningThreadWork(Object obj)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)

I have no idea why there are special characters in the stack trace!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft