Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• kristian schneider 190 posts 351 karma points
    Apr 24, 2012 @ 11:26
    kristian schneider

Website unresponsive when transferring items

Hi.

We have a problem when we transfer from our staging enviroment to product. The problem is that the website becomes unresponsive whilst the items are transfered. It is not that courier stops but noone can access the website when the transfer happens.

I don't know if this is by design or if I am doing something wrong. Could it be that it is due to the structure of the site? for example if I want to transfer a single page, which might contain links to other pages, courier transfers a lot of data along. The image below shows the package for a quite simple page.

What can we do to make the transfer smoother?

• James Drever 118 posts 149 karma points
    Apr 24, 2012 @ 17:03
    James Drever

Hi Kristian,

1. Not sure how you're transferring content - right click or creating a revision - but either way, if you don't want all the page dependencies to transfer (as they seem to be doing based on your pic) make sure you select Selected items only rather than the with dependencies options).

2.which Courier version are you using?  Courier 2.6 (which I think is still officially in beta but I'm happy enough with it to be using it in production) is a lot quicker than 2.5.

James.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft