Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew Macdonald 18 posts 47 karma points
    Dec 11, 2012 @ 15:02
    Andrew Macdonald

Issue trying to install media resources from command line API

Hi,

I'm using the command line extractor to script the setup of my dev/qa & UAT environments, so far this is working ok (expect for this).

However, one thing that is not working is the transfer of media files - the nodes themselves are being created in the content structure.

I should mention that via the back office screens in Umbraco, the entire compare/install process works like a charm.

Please help

Jan 21, 2013 @ 22:52
    Andrew Macdonald

Any Help?? 

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jan 22, 2013 @ 13:14
    Per Ploug

Hi Andrew

Need some more detail on what you are doing what cmd line client you are using and so on,

/Per

Jan 22, 2013 @ 14:26
    Andrew Macdonald

Hi,

I basically created a VS project to explore the best way to use the command line API... 

The created project loads in a previously generated revision using the Revision extraction class (passing in the location of the revision).

I then hooked up a bunch of event handlers to the key events exposed on the revision extraction class (ExtractedItem, Extracting, etc)

I then told it to populate the graph and then created a new repository storage instance that points to a clean install of Umbraco on localhost.

With both the graph populated and the repository storage assigned as the destination for the extraction I told the extraction to commence.

The result is that the empty site is fully loaded with all my content, doctypes etc with the exception of the actual media files which don't appear to have been populated into the \media folder.

If needed I can zip up the solution, revision and settings file for you to look through.. I just need an email address that I can send the share link too.

btw.. Thanks in advance

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft