Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robin 37 posts 109 karma points
    Apr 17, 2013 @ 10:05
    Robin

Can't connect to locations

Hi

I bought courier, but I am trying already more then a week to get it working but did not succeed.

I have a remote site on a public ip adres without domainname running Umbraco V4.11.3

I have an empty local website running Umbraco V6.0.3 in Webmatrix (on http://localhost:52270 ). This site is completely empty besides a Courier installation.

I installed Courier for Umbraco V6 on the local site and Courier for Umbraco V4 on the remote site. The location is localhost:52270 and for the remote site just the ip-adress.

When I want to transfer the site I get the following error each time again: System.Net.WebException

Courier can't connect to the other site.

Any help? I also described my problem here a few days ago.

If really nobody can help me out, how can I get support for Courier?

• Patrick Scott 70 posts 110 karma points c-trib
    Apr 17, 2013 @ 14:44
    Patrick Scott

Robin,

Heve you got a licence for courier? http://umbraco.com/help-and-support/customer-area/courier-2-support-and-download/license-questions.aspx

If not then it will be installed in demo mode which means you can only transfer between sites on the same machine. Also, your remote site can't be on an IP address unless you have the server version. I'm not sure how much support there is for webmatrix, i've not set it up this way before so you may also need to install IIS (you can do this on Win 7 so no server licence is needed).

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Apr 17, 2013 @ 15:18
    Per Ploug

It should run just fine on webmatrix which is using IIS express, but Patrick is right in saying that you need a domain on the remote server, and licensing in place for it to work.

• Robin 37 posts 109 karma points
    Apr 17, 2013 @ 22:55
    Robin

@ Patrick, yes I have a license for Courier (Courier Express)

I didn't know it is not working on an ip-adres. I read over it, sorry guys. Can I add a test domain to it and when the site goes live change the domain to the real domain? Or can't I change the domain in my license when it is once filled in.

Many thanks for the answer!! I am searching for it since a few days, and didn't get any answer on my first topic.

Robin

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Apr 18, 2013 @ 14:58
    Per Ploug

Hi Robin

If you need to add a test domain, just get in touch with support on umbraco.com, attach the email you ordered the license with and the domain your wish to add

/Per

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft