Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Niels Lynggaard 190 posts 548 karma points
    Feb 10, 2020 @ 15:19
    Niels Lynggaard

Using Umbraco Forms for Member signup

Hi All.

I'm trying to use Umbraco Forms for member signup. I've created a nice little workflow that adds a member, based on the form submit. All great.

However, I'd like to add two things to my form;

• Password confirm
    • Check for email exsists

Is there any way I can extend my form with custom validations to be able to compare two password-fields and (through a controller action) check if someone is allready signed up with current email?

Otherwise, I'm back to building this from scratch..

Cheers, Niels

• Ryan Helmn 26 posts 188 karma points
    Feb 10, 2020 @ 15:26
    Ryan Helmn

You could add a new Umbraco Forms Field Type called 'Compare' (something like that) have a field type setting that you can select a field that's in the form already to compare against.

With regards to the checking if the email exists, a work flow that checks against the member service would be easily doable.

Or you could eliminate the need to implement your own data types and just create a controller that inherits from the Umbraco Forms Controller, do all your validating in there as you would with a custom form, if everything is valid return the base action result to continue with the form submission, if false then just update the modelstate and return the current page.

Feb 10, 2020 @ 15:33
    Niels Lynggaard

Good suggestions .. I've been considering creating my own custom field type for the password-compare. I guess I'll be going down that road.

I'd like to do a bit of client-side validation on both issues, so I'm considering the possibility to add a few jquery validations on this specific template as well.

• Comment author was deleted

Feb 11, 2020 @ 09:14

You can also plug in custom validaiton rules without having the create a custom controller... using the event model, let me see if I can dig up an example

Feb 11, 2020 @ 09:52
    Feb 11, 2020 @ 15:53
    Niels Lynggaard

Thanx Tim! I'll take a closer look at it, would be nice to use forms for this :)

Cheers, Niels

Feb 11, 2020 @ 09:53

Depending on your version the location of the event might be different

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft