Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ali 6 posts 76 karma points
    Feb 18, 2020 @ 09:12
    ali

Changed master password and now cannot login!

Hi, yesterday, for some security reasons I changed the admin password , then logged in normally !. today I suddenly can't login using new password! tried the old one , also no luck ! . is there any quick way to reset the admin password?

It's urgent for me to re login ! any help would be so appreciated !

thank you

• Matthew Wise 271 posts 1373 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Feb 18, 2020 @ 09:19
    Matthew Wise

Hi Ali,

Assuming you have access to the file system in some way you could use

https://our.umbraco.com/packages/developer-tools/umbraco-admin-reset/

Matt

Feb 18, 2020 @ 09:31
    ali

Hi matt,

yes I made the needed then came up with:

"Password is reset And dll is removed from the /bin folder"

now i tried User: Admin Pass: Admin1234!

but not working! , am I missing something?!

• Matthew Wise 271 posts 1373 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Feb 18, 2020 @ 09:35
    Matthew Wise

No that should be it... Do you have SMTP set up and changed the email address in config/umbracosettings.config?

If not update them and try again. You can also add a query string so you can keep your username

Feb 18, 2020 @ 09:39
    ali

Realy I'm not sure. All stuf was made by a programmer who left work without leaving any notes. I appreciate if you can lead me how to investigate SMTP status ? note we were using a username as "admin@mydomain"

Update: I checked in config/umbracosettings.config and I think it's still default!

Feb 18, 2020 @ 19:12
    ali

hi matt , the mentioned method didn't work can we locate the needed info in database ? if yes, which table is responsible on that ?

• Mehmet Avcı 55 posts 240 karma points
    Feb 19, 2020 @ 08:54
    Mehmet Avcı

Hi Ali,

You can try umbracoUser table.

I suggest you to check userDisabled and userNoConsole fields. They controls if user is disabled or locked out respectively.

Another way is; you can replace password field of admin user with same value of another user. Of course, since they are encrypted, it will have no use if you don't know what the password is.

There are some queries that might help you here. However beware that encryption/table might be different depending which version you are running. https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using/ui-questions/4790-ouch-forgot-admin-password-how-to-reset

Regards,

Mehmet

Feb 19, 2020 @ 20:27
    ali

Dear Mehmet,

thank you for reply. when I edit the password value and run query ; it goes back to last value again !! . also yesterday as a temporary solution we restored a backup to be able to get inside again ; then I made 2 more editors accounts for my team to work with. today these 2 account was also blocked !! I use sql server management studio for editing.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft