Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Mahoney 235 posts 447 karma points
    May 01, 2020 @ 03:55
    Chris Mahoney

Azure AD: Linking existing accounts

Hi,

I'm running Umbraco 7.15.4 and have followed the instructions on https://shazwazza.com/post/configuring-azure-active-directory-login-with-umbraco/ to set up Azure AD (for logging into the back office). It's all up and running with my own account, but I'm struggling to figure out how to link all the other existing Umbraco users to their Azure AD accounts.

I see in the umbracoExternalLogin table there's currently one row (mine), with a field called providerKey, which I assume is a unique ID for my own Azure account. Presumably I need to add the IDs for everyone else's accounts, but where can I find these IDs? Or am I going down the wrong track here?

The only information I've been able to find so far is around creating new accounts (not required in this case, since the Umbraco accounts already exist), or around each user having to manually link their own account (which I'd like to avoid). I haven't been able to find any details around the administrator linking existing accounts.

So... how can I accomplish this?

Thanks, Chris

• Owen Parsons 5 posts 75 karma points
    Jan 15, 2021 @ 17:21
    Owen Parsons

Have the identical question, did you ever find a solution for this?

• Chris Mahoney 235 posts 447 karma points
    Jan 17, 2021 @ 19:38
    Chris Mahoney

I couldn't find a solution, but it went on the back-burner due to this issue. I see that Umbraco 8.9 has some changes around this but I haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft