Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• anilkale 15 posts 115 karma points notactivated
    May 12, 2020 @ 09:13
    anilkale

What is mean by "Untested or doesn't work on Umbraco Cloud"

Hi Team,

In below url, https://our.umbraco.com/packages/developer-tools/umbraco-deploy/

It states that , Version 7.14.x (untested), "Untested or doesn't work on Umbraco Cloud"

We are using umbraco 7.14. If we want to move V7.14 code on Azure repo and use Umbraco clound,for deployment process between environment then will it be possible?

Also tell us the meaning of "Untested or doesn't work on Umbraco Cloud" on above url too.

Please assist.

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    May 12, 2020 @ 09:32
    Nik

Hi Anilkale,

The reports you are seeing on the side are, for the most part, what people have actively reported after using the product.

However, the link you've provided is to Umbraco Deploy which is the deployment agent that powers Umbraco Cloud. So I can tell you that it does work on Umbraco Cloud as that is exactly what it is designed and built for.

With regards to version compatibility, it works with v7 from around version 7.6 I think it is (it might even be earlier) and it works with v8.

Something to consider if you are planning to move a v7 site to Umbraco Cloud is that support for v7 sites on Cloud is winding down. I'm not sure if it's even possible to create a new v7 site on Cloud any more so you'll be looking to migrate your site to v8.

Hope that helps

Nik

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft