Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rico 4 posts 84 karma points
    Jun 16, 2020 @ 10:17
    Rico

Failed to build models. Could not find a datatype with identifier -88.

I've upgraded from Umbraco 7.7.6 to 7.14.0 to 8.6.2. While everything looked fine I'm running into two problems and since I don't know if they are related I will write them both here but the second one is most importent:

• Trying to open the Recycle Bin it get the following error: Received an error from the server An error occured Ordering by systemupdater not supported.
    • Failed to buld Models. Could not find a datatype with identifier -88. I have searched through the entire database but there is no such value anywhere to be found. -These are the error details:

Failed to build models. Could not find a datatype with identifier -88. Parameter name: id

at Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedContentTypeFactory.GetDataType(Int32 id) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Models\PublishedContent\PublishedContentTypeFactory.cs:line 95 at Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedPropertyType..ctor(String propertyTypeAlias, Int32 dataTypeId, Boolean isUserProperty, ContentVariation variations, PropertyValueConverterCollection propertyValueConverters, IPublishedModelFactory publishedModelFactory, IPublishedContentTypeFactory factory) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Models\PublishedContent\PublishedPropertyType.cs:line 69 at Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedPropertyType..ctor(IPublishedContentType contentType, String propertyTypeAlias, Int32 dataTypeId, Boolean isUserProperty, ContentVariation variations, PropertyValueConverterCollection propertyValueConverters, IPublishedModelFactory publishedModelFactory, IPublishedContentTypeFactory factory) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Models\PublishedContent\PublishedPropertyType.cs:line 47 at Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedContentTypeFactory.CreateCorePropertyType(IPublishedContentType contentType, String propertyTypeAlias, Int32 dataTypeId, ContentVariation variations) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Models\PublishedContent\PublishedContentTypeFactory.cs:line 67 at Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedContentType.EnsureMemberProperties(List`1 propertyTypes, IPublishedContentTypeFactory factory) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Models\PublishedContent\PublishedContentType.cs:line 98 at Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedContentType..ctor(IContentTypeComposition contentType, IPublishedContentTypeFactory factory) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Models\PublishedContent\PublishedContentType.cs:line 30 at Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedContentTypeFactory.CreateContentType(IContentTypeComposition contentType) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Models\PublishedContent\PublishedContentTypeFactory.cs:line 31 at Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Embedded.UmbracoServices.GetTypes(PublishedItemType itemType, IContentTypeComposition[] contentTypes) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Embedded\UmbracoServices.cs:line 95 at Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Embedded.UmbracoServices.GetAllTypes() in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Embedded\UmbracoServices.cs:line 41 at Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Embedded.Building.ModelsGenerator.GenerateModels() in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Embedded\Building\ModelsGenerator.cs:line 28 at Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Embedded.BackOffice.ModelsBuilderDashboardController.BuildModels() in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Embedded\BackOffice\ModelsBuilderDashboardController.cs:line 62

I'm can't figure out where the problem or the value -88 is comming from.

If anyone has a idea, hint or solution, please let me know because I'm really stuck here.

• Steve Morgan 1345 posts 4452 karma points c-trib
    Jun 16, 2020 @ 14:34
    Steve Morgan

Try hitting /umbraco#/settings/dataTypes/edit/-88 in your back office.

I get the text string.

enter image description here

Seems weird you wouldn't have this?

Jun 16, 2020 @ 14:37
    Steve Morgan

Also check the [umbracoDataType] table.

enter image description here

If you're missing this it might be worth trying to recreate it

** here be dragons and I'd definitely back the DB up before hacking around!

Jun 17, 2020 @ 10:02
    Rico

Hi Steve,

Thanks for helping out!

I've looked at the DB and noticed that I'm not having that DataType anymore.

Earlier today I went back to my backup DB and first upgraded to 7.15.5 and when that succeeded I run the Modelsbuilder and all went well.

While upgrading from 7.15.5 to to 8.6.2 I got an error as described here https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/7816 and applying the workaround mentioned here: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/7816#issuecomment-599988278.

So again I had reached 8.6.2 and I started the Modelbuilder but unfortunately the result was still the same: DataType -88 was not found.

This said, I wil now go all cowboy in the DB to see if I can manipulate it so there will be an -88 and see how if Modelbuilder will accept is.

I wil post my progress

Rico

Jun 17, 2020 @ 11:37
    Rico

Solved:

As Steve suggested: https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/102602-failed-to-build-models-could-not-find-a-datatype-with-identifier-88#comment-320822, I added the missing records which did the trick.

Additional information:

I noticed that this records was missing in my DB for a long time because I couldn't find it in any backup. Something in the upgrade tools made this visible while other upgrades in the 7.* ranche did not show this.

The script I used:

SET IDENTITY_INSERT [dbo].[umbracoNode] ON 

INSERT [dbo].[umbracoDataType] ([nodeId], [propertyEditorAlias], [dbType], [config]) VALUES (-88, N'Umbraco.TextBox', N'Nvarchar', NULL)
    INSERT [dbo].[umbracoNode] ([id], [uniqueId], [parentId], [level], [path], [sortOrder], [trashed], [nodeUser], [text], [nodeObjectType], [createDate]) VALUES (-88, N'0cc0eba1-9960-42c9-bf9b-60e150b429ae', -1, 1, N'-1,-88', 32, 0, -1, N'Textstring', N'30a2a501-1978-4ddb-a57b-f7efed43ba3c', CAST(N'2020-05-29T16:46:46.340' AS DateTime))

SET IDENTITY_INSERT [dbo].[umbracoNode] OFF

Jun 18, 2020 @ 08:16
    Steve Morgan

Nice work - mark your own answer as the solution in case anyone else hits this problem.

Report back here if you get any future problems though hopefully you've cracked it.

I wonder if in v7 you can delete the base text string data type and it's expected to be there in upgrade? Might be worth a test.

• UmbracoTests 28 posts 179 karma points
    Jun 14, 2023 @ 01:20
    UmbracoTests

How did you create this string 0cc0eba1-9960-42c9-bf9b-60e150b429ae

• danielibanez 8 posts 76 karma points
    Feb 11, 2021 @ 15:02
    danielibanez

I came across this today when updating the models. Once I found the datatype via Steve's suggestion I simply went back and resaved, resubmitted and saved the document type. This solved the issue.

I'm guessing when the property was created one of those steps was missed resulting in the problem.

• Peter Kindberg 17 posts 107 karma points
    Oct 13, 2022 @ 02:27
    Peter Kindberg

Hi all,

I had a similar problem, but instead of complaining about an ID, it complained about an alias.

I did the old fashion way and went through the document types one-by-one and finally found that my error was related to references to deleted content types in block lists / nested content.

Hope this helps someone.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft