Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rico 4 posts 83 karma points
    Jun 16, 2020 @ 10:17
    Rico

Failed to build models. Could not find a datatype with identifier -88.

I've upgraded from Umbraco 7.7.6 to 7.14.0 to 8.6.2. While everything looked fine I'm running into two problems and since I don't know if they are related I will write them both here but the second one is most importent:

• Trying to open the Recycle Bin it get the following error: Received an error from the server An error occured Ordering by systemupdater not supported.
    • Failed to buld Models. Could not find a datatype with identifier -88. I have searched through the entire database but there is no such value anywhere to be found. -These are the error details:

Failed to build models. Could not find a datatype with identifier -88. Parameter name: id

at Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedContentTypeFactory.GetDataType(Int32 id) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Models\PublishedContent\PublishedContentTypeFactory.cs:line 95 at Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedPropertyType..ctor(String propertyTypeAlias, Int32 dataTypeId, Boolean isUserProperty, ContentVariation variations, PropertyValueConverterCollection propertyValueConverters, IPublishedModelFactory publishedModelFactory, IPublishedContentTypeFactory factory) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Models\PublishedContent\PublishedPropertyType.cs:line 69 at Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedPropertyType..ctor(IPublishedContentType contentType, String propertyTypeAlias, Int32 dataTypeId, Boolean isUserProperty, ContentVariation variations, PropertyValueConverterCollection propertyValueConverters, IPublishedModelFactory publishedModelFactory, IPublishedContentTypeFactory factory) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Models\PublishedContent\PublishedPropertyType.cs:line 47 at Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedContentTypeFactory.CreateCorePropertyType(IPublishedContentType contentType, String propertyTypeAlias, Int32 dataTypeId, ContentVariation variations) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Models\PublishedContent\PublishedContentTypeFactory.cs:line 67 at Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedContentType.EnsureMemberProperties(List`1 propertyTypes, IPublishedContentTypeFactory factory) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Models\PublishedContent\PublishedContentType.cs:line 98 at Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedContentType..ctor(IContentTypeComposition contentType, IPublishedContentTypeFactory factory) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Models\PublishedContent\PublishedContentType.cs:line 30 at Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedContentTypeFactory.CreateContentType(IContentTypeComposition contentType) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Models\PublishedContent\PublishedContentTypeFactory.cs:line 31 at Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Embedded.UmbracoServices.GetTypes(PublishedItemType itemType, IContentTypeComposition[] contentTypes) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Embedded\UmbracoServices.cs:line 95 at Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Embedded.UmbracoServices.GetAllTypes() in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Embedded\UmbracoServices.cs:line 41 at Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Embedded.Building.ModelsGenerator.GenerateModels() in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Embedded\Building\ModelsGenerator.cs:line 28 at Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Embedded.BackOffice.ModelsBuilderDashboardController.BuildModels() in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Embedded\BackOffice\ModelsBuilderDashboardController.cs:line 62

I'm can't figure out where the problem or the value -88 is comming from.

If anyone has a idea, hint or solution, please let me know because I'm really stuck here.

• Steve Morgan 1208 posts 3922 karma points c-trib
    Jun 16, 2020 @ 14:34
    Steve Morgan

Try hitting /umbraco#/settings/dataTypes/edit/-88 in your back office.

I get the text string.

enter image description here

Seems weird you wouldn't have this?

Jun 16, 2020 @ 14:37
    Steve Morgan

Also check the [umbracoDataType] table.

enter image description here

If you're missing this it might be worth trying to recreate it

** here be dragons and I'd definitely back the DB up before hacking around!

Jun 17, 2020 @ 10:02
    Rico

Hi Steve,

Thanks for helping out!

I've looked at the DB and noticed that I'm not having that DataType anymore.

Earlier today I went back to my backup DB and first upgraded to 7.15.5 and when that succeeded I run the Modelsbuilder and all went well.

While upgrading from 7.15.5 to to 8.6.2 I got an error as described here https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/7816 and applying the workaround mentioned here: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/7816#issuecomment-599988278.

So again I had reached 8.6.2 and I started the Modelbuilder but unfortunately the result was still the same: DataType -88 was not found.

This said, I wil now go all cowboy in the DB to see if I can manipulate it so there will be an -88 and see how if Modelbuilder will accept is.

I wil post my progress

Rico

Jun 17, 2020 @ 11:37
    Rico

Solved:

As Steve suggested: https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/102602-failed-to-build-models-could-not-find-a-datatype-with-identifier-88#comment-320822, I added the missing records which did the trick.

Additional information:

I noticed that this records was missing in my DB for a long time because I couldn't find it in any backup. Something in the upgrade tools made this visible while other upgrades in the 7.* ranche did not show this.

The script I used:

SET IDENTITY_INSERT [dbo].[umbracoNode] ON 

INSERT [dbo].[umbracoDataType] ([nodeId], [propertyEditorAlias], [dbType], [config]) VALUES (-88, N'Umbraco.TextBox', N'Nvarchar', NULL)
    INSERT [dbo].[umbracoNode] ([id], [uniqueId], [parentId], [level], [path], [sortOrder], [trashed], [nodeUser], [text], [nodeObjectType], [createDate]) VALUES (-88, N'0cc0eba1-9960-42c9-bf9b-60e150b429ae', -1, 1, N'-1,-88', 32, 0, -1, N'Textstring', N'30a2a501-1978-4ddb-a57b-f7efed43ba3c', CAST(N'2020-05-29T16:46:46.340' AS DateTime))

SET IDENTITY_INSERT [dbo].[umbracoNode] OFF

Jun 18, 2020 @ 08:16
    Steve Morgan

Nice work - mark your own answer as the solution in case anyone else hits this problem.

Report back here if you get any future problems though hopefully you've cracked it.

I wonder if in v7 you can delete the base text string data type and it's expected to be there in upgrade? Might be worth a test.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft