Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Teviotdale 2 posts 22 karma points
    Aug 07, 2020 @ 00:03
    Mark Teviotdale

Form plugin can't find Recaptcha2.html

Hi,

I have recently taken over a Umbraco built website so please be gentle :)

I'm trying to fix a contact form whereby when you load it in the admin module it gives an error "Request error: The URL returned a 404 (not found) /App_Plugins/UmbracoForms/Backoffice/Common/FieldTypes/Recaptcha2.html"

As I'm a .Net developer i have downloaded the code and database to my local machine. Using Visual Studio when i browse to that directory above there is a recaptcha.html file but no Recaptcha2.html. I have done a solution search on this plus in the database and Recaptcha2.html comes up empty in the search results. The form is working and Recaptcha control is there but we are still being hit with spam so I'm hoping this is the cause of the issue.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks Mark

Umbraco version 7.5.14 assembly: 1.0.6345.13057

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Aug 07, 2020 @ 02:03
    Amir Khan

Which version of Umbraco? I've run into this before with earlier v7 installs.

Try these links and maybe you'll haves some luck, the package will give you a recapcha 2 option, maybe the package didn't carry over or the previous dev had some sort of custom setup.

Retired but still useful dependong on what version you're using: https://our.umbraco.com/packages/collaboration/recaptcha-field-for-umbraco-forms/

Where to add the keys: https://our.umbraco.com/forum/umbraco-forms/91724-recaptcha-v2-for-a-noob

Also you could look into upgrading Umbraco Forms and you'll have some easier options out of the box. Reach out to support, they can help you with any potential migration issues.

• Mark Teviotdale 2 posts 22 karma points
    Aug 07, 2020 @ 02:06
    Mark Teviotdale

Hi Amir thanks for your comment.

The site is running 7.5.14 assembly 1.0.6345.13057. So I'm guessing this is an older version then and it needs upgrading?

Also thanks for your links and upgrade suggestion I will give it a go.

Cheers Mark

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Aug 07, 2020 @ 02:43
    Amir Khan

I probably wouldn't sweat upgrading the entire umbraco installation, but the umbraco forms package I would try on dev. Umbraco installations can have some pitfalls and I tend to not do that for inherited sites, especially when there is a redo coming in the future.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft