Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt Thompson 4 posts 24 karma points
    Sep 29, 2020 @ 13:40
    Matt Thompson

@Model.FooterDescription not set to an instance of an object

Hello,

I've been having trouble getting even just a new install of 8.7.0 Umbraco up and running. Whether I publish content manually myself, or try to publish "The Starter Kit" package out of the box, I'm getting this:

enter image description here

I obviously have a description in my footer; I tried removing the description, no luck.

So okay fine, maybe its some weird known issue. I tried removing the FooterDescription from the home.cshtml. That then gives me:

Okay... maybe its the entire footer. Remove the header as well and:

Here's where I've stopped. Like I said, this has happened on 3 clean installs, whether I use CE or a full SQL server instance. I've tried this on a Windows 10 machine and on Windows '16. I'm out of ideas here. Any help would be appreciated.

• Amir Khan 1152 posts 2415 karma points
    Sep 29, 2020 @ 14:42
    Amir Khan

Is it possible that Models Builder isn't enable for some reason on the install?

Sep 29, 2020 @ 17:14
    Matt Thompson

I'm not seeing that option; I don't customize the install at all, just unzip into a directory and let it do its thing...

Sep 29, 2020 @ 19:59
    Amir Khan

It looks like in later versions it may be set to false by default in the web.config: https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/reference/templating/modelsbuilder/configuration

Doing a null check in your view is always a good safety check but what you're doing should be working.

Sep 29, 2020 @ 20:01
    Amir Khan

Contrary to those docs, I just downloaded the files for 8.7.0 and its set to true but maybe worth checking anyway.

• Paul Wright (suedeapple) 260 posts 662 karma points
    Sep 29, 2020 @ 15:12
    Paul Wright (suedeapple)

You may want to check for "null" on the FooterCtaLink first :)

Sep 29, 2020 @ 17:16
    Matt Thompson

I've got a Cta link set, but are you saying I should be doing this in the view? I'm just dumbfounded why the out-of-the-box install blows up...

• Paul Wright (suedeapple) 260 posts 662 karma points
    Sep 29, 2020 @ 20:10
    Paul Wright (suedeapple)

People "test" stuff before a release?

That's some ideal world! - Can I go there?

Incidentally have you tried removing each @Model field in the view to determine which one is actually BLOWING up the view.

I pretty certain that either the link is NULL, or there is a Typo in the View

if (Model.FooterCtaLink != null) {
    {
    }

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft