Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Luke Hartcher 6 posts 75 karma points
    Jan 08, 2021 @ 05:36
    Luke Hartcher

umbpack extract template design contents

How do I use umbpack to extract the < Template > < Design > code from my Visual Studio Project .cshtml files? Without the ability to extract the templates it is not much use!?

• David Brendel 792 posts 2970 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jan 18, 2021 @ 13:45
    David Brendel

Hi Luke,

I'm not sure what exactly you are trying to do. Can you maybe explain a bit more in detail what you are trying to do?

You can also file an issue in the umb-pack repo here.

Jan 18, 2021 @ 22:55
    Luke Hartcher

Thanks for the reply David.

I want to use "umbpack" to build our Umbraco package, instead of using the Web UI.

However I cannot get the generated pacakage.xml file to contain the html content of our template files within its < Templates > section.

How do I get the < Templates > section to generate into the package.xml file using umbpack?

• Jesper Mayntzhusen 7 posts 80 karma points c-trib
    Jan 19, 2021 @ 09:27
    Jesper Mayntzhusen

Hey Luke,

This is not currently possible with UmbPack.

Not a lot of packages actually include Umbraco views, doctypes, data types, etc. so hasn't been a priority. Feel free to add a feature request to the tracker as David suggested though!

For now you'd have to create the package with all the Umbraco things included via the backoffice and can then use UmbPack for building and deploying whenever you have non-umbraco changes to include.

Jan 20, 2021 @ 00:45
    Luke Hartcher

Thanks for the reply Jesper.

I have created a Feature Request as suggested: https://github.com/umbraco/UmbPack/issues/60

We are currently using the Backoffice so we do have a workaround, however it would be nice to automate the build with umbpack.

Many thanks once again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft