Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Patrick Shaun McNicholas 24 posts 206 karma points
    Jun 08, 2021 @ 21:17
    Patrick Shaun McNicholas

Boot Failed during upgrade from version 8.13.0 to 8.14.0

While upgrading my site from version 8.13.0 to 8.14.0 I replaced the bin directory and the Umbraco directory and checked any changes to the web.config and /Config/umbracoSettings.config

Output on the site now says...

Any help in fixing this is appreciated!!!!

[BootFailedException: Boot failed: Umbraco cannot run. See Umbraco's log file for more details.

-> Umbraco.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException: Boot failed.

-> System.InvalidOperationException: The migration plan does not support migrating from state "V2 Config Table".
       at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.MigrationPlan.ThrowOnUnknownInitialState(String state)
       at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.MigrationPlan.Execute(IScope scope, String fromState, IMigrationBuilder migrationBuilder, ILogger logger)
       at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.Upgrade.Upgrader.Execute(IScopeProvider scopeProvider, IMigrationBuilder migrationBuilder, IKeyValueService keyValueService, ILogger logger)
       at SEOChecker.Core.Installer.SEOCheckerInstaller.Initialize()
       at Umbraco.Core.Composing.ComponentCollection.Initialize()
       at Umbraco.Core.Runtime.CoreRuntime.Boot(IRegister register, DisposableTimer timer)]
       Umbraco.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException.Rethrow(BootFailedException bootFailedException) +339
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +223
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step) +220
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +94

Following other suggestions I've:

1. Verified my web.config and umbracoSettings.config again..
    2. Deleted /App_Data/cache
    3. Deleted Models Builder from the App_Data folder

Still won't load

• AddWeb Solution Pvt. Ltd 109 posts 360 karma points
    Jun 09, 2021 @ 08:41
    AddWeb Solution Pvt. Ltd

Hello Patrick,

It's possible that you have a package or code that isn't compatible with version 8.14.0. Try to update packages

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jun 09, 2021 @ 12:52
    Dan Diplo

Do you have SEO Checker package installed? I recall people getting a similar error with it - https://our.umbraco.com/packages/website-utilities/seo-checker/bugs/104217-xml-sitemap-extremely-slow

Jun 09, 2021 @ 14:58
    Patrick Shaun McNicholas

I had my hosting company restore the database and code base from the day before yesterday to eliminate any changes I had made. I am going to update all the packages now before I try upgrading again. Yes it does appear that an out of date SEO Checker package was the culprit.

Luckily I'm with a really good and responsive hosting company... so I was down for a few hours, but not too bad. It happens once every five years or so... so I'm good.

Anyway yes I had found that same article @Dan Diplo https://our.umbraco.com/packages/website-utilities/seo-checker/bugs/104217-xml-sitemap-extremely-slow

I tried doing all the steps there removing cache and models etc... but couldn't get the site to come back up so I could fix things. I also tried updating the bin directory versions on the SEO Checker package but still couldn't get the site to come back up.

Jun 09, 2021 @ 18:15
    Patrick Shaun McNicholas

I just tried again after removing SEO Checker and received the same type of error. I will try the suggested cache and models removal and let you know if that fixes the problem this time.

[BootFailedException: Boot failed: Umbraco cannot run. See Umbraco's log file for more details.

-> Umbraco.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException: Boot failed.

-> System.InvalidOperationException: The migration plan does not support migrating from state "6822cdca-1dc4-4983-b189-9c45314e8747".
       at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.MigrationPlan.ThrowOnUnknownInitialState(String state)
       at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.MigrationPlan.Execute(IScope scope, String fromState, IMigrationBuilder migrationBuilder, ILogger logger)
       at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.Upgrade.Upgrader.Execute(IScopeProvider scopeProvider, IMigrationBuilder migrationBuilder, IKeyValueService keyValueService, ILogger logger)
       at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Components.UmbracoFormsComponent.Initialize()
       at Umbraco.Core.Composing.ComponentCollection.Initialize()
       at Umbraco.Core.Runtime.CoreRuntime.Boot(IRegister register, DisposableTimer timer)]
       Umbraco.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException.Rethrow(BootFailedException bootFailedException) +339
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +223
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step) +220
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +94

Jun 09, 2021 @ 18:21
    Patrick Shaun McNicholas

I think my error is due to an outdated version of Forms... I didn't check the version of the forms package I previously had installed. Can anyone tell me whether or not I can just update the DLLs and re-run the updater?

• Damiaan 442 posts 1301 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Aug 23, 2021 @ 16:11
    Damiaan

I recently encoutered this. If you update the DLL's on your production site, you probably are good to go.

This happens might happen if you connect to the production database with newer DLL's while the production site has an older version of Umbraco Forms.

• Gurumurthy 52 posts 125 karma points
    May 02, 2023 @ 09:10
    Gurumurthy

Hi ,

Any one has any solution to migrate Db with Umbraco forms from v8 to 11, i am getting this error as below screenshot.

I am trying to migrate v8 along with Umbraco forms in v8 to Umbraco v11. the Db migration is complete and able to load the tree structure, but once installed with Umbraco Forms 11.1 shows error.

Any inputs on this are highly appreciated !

enter image description here

Thanks,

• Gurumurthy 52 posts 125 karma points
    May 02, 2023 @ 10:56
    Gurumurthy

Hi All,

This got resolved, the process followed as per below:

Before migrating v8 Db, I have updated the UmbracoForms v8 to its latest and migrated v8 to v10 and then to v11, then this issue got resolved.

Execute below query, on v11 to resolve error

UPDATE UmbracoKeyValue  
    SET [key]='Umbraco.Core.Upgrader.State+UmbracoForms_OLD'  
    WHERE [key] = 'Umbraco.Core.Upgrader.State+UmbracoForms' 

Thanks.

• Jonathon Cove 26 posts 101 karma points
    May 04, 2023 @ 09:45
    Jonathon Cove

Legend, worked perfectly for me

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft