Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Patrick Shaun McNicholas 12 posts 124 karma points
    1 week ago
    Patrick Shaun McNicholas

Boot Failed during upgrade from version 8.13.0 to 8.14.0

While upgrading my site from version 8.13.0 to 8.14.0 I replaced the bin directory and the Umbraco directory and checked any changes to the web.config and /Config/umbracoSettings.config

Output on the site now says...

Any help in fixing this is appreciated!!!!

[BootFailedException: Boot failed: Umbraco cannot run. See Umbraco's log file for more details.

-> Umbraco.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException: Boot failed.

-> System.InvalidOperationException: The migration plan does not support migrating from state "V2 Config Table".
       at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.MigrationPlan.ThrowOnUnknownInitialState(String state)
       at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.MigrationPlan.Execute(IScope scope, String fromState, IMigrationBuilder migrationBuilder, ILogger logger)
       at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.Upgrade.Upgrader.Execute(IScopeProvider scopeProvider, IMigrationBuilder migrationBuilder, IKeyValueService keyValueService, ILogger logger)
       at SEOChecker.Core.Installer.SEOCheckerInstaller.Initialize()
       at Umbraco.Core.Composing.ComponentCollection.Initialize()
       at Umbraco.Core.Runtime.CoreRuntime.Boot(IRegister register, DisposableTimer timer)]
       Umbraco.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException.Rethrow(BootFailedException bootFailedException) +339
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +223
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step) +220
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +94

Following other suggestions I've:

1. Verified my web.config and umbracoSettings.config again..
    2. Deleted /App_Data/cache
    3. Deleted Models Builder from the App_Data folder

Still won't load

• AddWeb Solution Pvt. Ltd 107 posts 350 karma points
    1 week ago
    AddWeb Solution Pvt. Ltd

Hello Patrick,

It's possible that you have a package or code that isn't compatible with version 8.14.0. Try to update packages

• Dan Diplo 1524 posts 6000 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    1 week ago
    Dan Diplo

Do you have SEO Checker package installed? I recall people getting a similar error with it - https://our.umbraco.com/packages/website-utilities/seo-checker/bugs/104217-xml-sitemap-extremely-slow

1 week ago
    Patrick Shaun McNicholas

I had my hosting company restore the database and code base from the day before yesterday to eliminate any changes I had made. I am going to update all the packages now before I try upgrading again. Yes it does appear that an out of date SEO Checker package was the culprit.

Luckily I'm with a really good and responsive hosting company... so I was down for a few hours, but not too bad. It happens once every five years or so... so I'm good.

Anyway yes I had found that same article @Dan Diplo https://our.umbraco.com/packages/website-utilities/seo-checker/bugs/104217-xml-sitemap-extremely-slow

I tried doing all the steps there removing cache and models etc... but couldn't get the site to come back up so I could fix things. I also tried updating the bin directory versions on the SEO Checker package but still couldn't get the site to come back up.

1 week ago
    Patrick Shaun McNicholas

I just tried again after removing SEO Checker and received the same type of error. I will try the suggested cache and models removal and let you know if that fixes the problem this time.

[BootFailedException: Boot failed: Umbraco cannot run. See Umbraco's log file for more details.

-> Umbraco.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException: Boot failed.

-> System.InvalidOperationException: The migration plan does not support migrating from state "6822cdca-1dc4-4983-b189-9c45314e8747".
       at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.MigrationPlan.ThrowOnUnknownInitialState(String state)
       at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.MigrationPlan.Execute(IScope scope, String fromState, IMigrationBuilder migrationBuilder, ILogger logger)
       at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.Upgrade.Upgrader.Execute(IScopeProvider scopeProvider, IMigrationBuilder migrationBuilder, IKeyValueService keyValueService, ILogger logger)
       at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Components.UmbracoFormsComponent.Initialize()
       at Umbraco.Core.Composing.ComponentCollection.Initialize()
       at Umbraco.Core.Runtime.CoreRuntime.Boot(IRegister register, DisposableTimer timer)]
       Umbraco.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException.Rethrow(BootFailedException bootFailedException) +339
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +223
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step) +220
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +94

1 week ago
    Patrick Shaun McNicholas

I think my error is due to an outdated version of Forms... I didn't check the version of the forms package I previously had installed. Can anyone tell me whether or not I can just update the DLLs and re-run the updater?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft