Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• J 445 posts 862 karma points
    Oct 13, 2021 @ 09:36
    J

How to disable cache during development with Umbraco 8

I am developing a section in Umbraco 8.16 and have realised if i have something in my class (i.e. an alias name or similar), i clean my project, rebuild and the old values still persist.

If i close VS, delete the temp, log directory residing under Appdata then it would work to an extent but occasionally i may have to clear the browser cache or go incognito.

As you can imagine this consumes a lot of time and ive read on the forums of what people have attempted but i dont know what would apply to the above scenario for this version of Umbraco?

Currently the only setting i have in my web.config is

<compilation defaultLanguage="c#" debug="true" batch="true" targetFramework="4.7.2" numRecompilesBeforeAppRestart="50" />

So how could i disable caching during development mainly when developing a section where alias's could change?

Thank you

• Søren Gregersen 441 posts 1884 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Oct 13, 2021 @ 11:15
    Søren Gregersen

Hi J,

If you use chrome as your browser, umbraco can detect if your developer tools (in chrome) are open, and bypass caching. You can can also disable caching inside the network tab of the developer tools.

This has been working fine for me through the years of umbraco dev.

There are more threads on the subject, the first one i found was this: https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/104710-clearing-cache-when-developing-a-plugin

HTH :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft