Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nel Prinsloo 4 posts 74 karma points
    Jan 01, 2022 @ 14:25
    Nel Prinsloo

"Oh, we got lost!" message during Umbraco Tour

We lost the next step

I'm having the same issue as described in this post: Lost Next Step of Tour. I'm having it on a different version of Umbraco (8.17.1) though and also on a different tour: Create Content Part 1 (The Content Section)

Furthermore - the accepted fix suggested in the above post is not the problem here since I made sure that the document type "Home" is marked as being allowed as root content.

I tried creating a project with version 8.17.1 twice and used different methods and I get the same problem on both instances:

• Created empty ASP.NET project via Visual Studio and then added Umbraco via adding the NuGet package to the project.
    • Downloaded the zipped file of that specific version, unzipped it on my pc and browsed it via VS Code IIS Express add-in as it was downloaded (no modifications.)

Although this is not a blocker for me at the moment, I would like to really understand what causes this error, since I plan to author my own guided tours with Umbraco a little further down the line.

• Kenny Fraser 1 post 71 karma points
    Jul 25, 2022 @ 14:04
    Kenny Fraser

I'm having the same issue with The Content section Tour after step 7/25 on a local install of v8.18.4

There's also an issue with the Document Types Tour after step 22/25

It's frustrating as someone new to Umbraco, as it means that most of the Tours content is inaccessible - have to give up on them now!

Document Types tour step23 of 25

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft