Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• MB 113 posts 422 karma points
    Feb 07, 2022 @ 06:35
    MB

Content preview without backoffice access

To the best of my knowledge, content preview (as in previewing unpublished changes) is a backoffice only thing.

However, I routinely encounter requests from managers needing to preview and approve changes before they are published, and typically these people don't have (and shouldn't have) backoffice access.

This usually results in a bunch of tedious screencap procedures, uploading videos to cloud drives and providing direct links to share points, so they can see what I do with the backoffice preview option.

I'm sure that I'm just being stupid and overlooking something really obvious here, but is there a simple solution to providing a public preview link?

i.e. Something along the lines of - www.mysite.com/umbraco/preview/<some-access-guid>?id=nnn

• Marc Goodson 2123 posts 14214 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Feb 07, 2022 @ 07:29
    Marc Goodson

Hi MB

For V8 there was this package:

https://our.umbraco.com/packages/backoffice-extensions/truepeoplesharepreview/

The source for which is here: https://github.com/TruePeople/TruePeople.SharePreview

So possibly a chance to raise an issue there, or fork it and work on porting it for V9 to contribute back.

regards

marc

• MB 113 posts 422 karma points
    Feb 07, 2022 @ 07:52
    MB

Cheers - if it needs a package then at least I wasn't being a dummy and overlooking something obvious.

I'll check it out and see if it's within my skillset level to port it to V9.

• Marc Goodson 2123 posts 14214 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Feb 07, 2022 @ 08:11
    Marc Goodson

Yes feels like it should be definitely in the core out of the box...

... Not sure if this still works but I think in the old days you could create a user without any section boxes ticked... And if they were logged in they could see preview links... But still involves faff of logging in... This package is how you'd expect it to work

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft