Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alex 4 posts 127 karma points
    Mar 15, 2022 @ 14:25
    Alex

Umbraco Forms Entries not shown in Backoffice

For some unknown reason the umbraco forms entries are not shown in the backoffice. The entries are saved and shown on the overview.

See image here I also tried a vanilla installation of the latest U8 + Forms Version, same result. Storing forms in file system or database makes also no difference.

In U7 this worked fine and there should be an entries folder below each form, showing the records, as stated here: https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoForms/Editor/Viewing-and-Exporting-Entries/

I even tried going through the url to the entries: "/Umbraco/forms/form/entries/[formguid]" but then I get a red popup exception "Access denied: You do not have access to view this form's entries.", even that I'm the admin account with sensitive data, so that can't be the real issue.

Anyone experiencing the same with a vanilla installation?

Thanks.

Mar 15, 2022 @ 15:07
    Alex

Ok, I found something out. If a new user logs in and goes to the forms tab it creates a new record in the table "UFUserSecurity" and it looks like this:

The column value for "ViewEntries" is false. I don't know the reason for that as in UmbracoForms.config I use the default values:

<setting key="ManageSecurityWithUserGroups" value="False" />
    <setting key="GrantAccessToNewFormsForUserGroups" value="admin,editor" />
    <setting key="DefaultUserAccessToNewForms" value="Grant" />

Is there a reason for that, or is it a bug? After setting this value to true manually in the database, the entries are shown in the backoffice.

enter image description here

• Jarno van Klaarbergen 2 posts 45 karma points
    Mar 25, 2022 @ 09:17
    Jarno van Klaarbergen

Adding to Alex's answer, these ViewEntries and EditEntries can also be changed from the Umbraco Backoffice.

Go in the backoffice to Users => Forms Security. Here you have different checkmarks per user for Manage Forms, View Entries, Edit Entries and so on.

Mar 28, 2022 @ 10:24
    Alex

Thanks @JarnoVWA for that tip.

Strange is that it only affects the super admin (id -1), having those settings by default deactivated. The Edit Entries is even disabled. I don't know the reason why.

enter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft