Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• kyle 49 posts 240 karma points
    Jun 14, 2022 @ 06:52
    kyle

How to render partial view in umbraco v6?

Hi all,

I really need some help, I have to make a couple of changes to an old website running umbraco v6....

I cant figure out how to render a partial view?? Its not:

@Html.Partial("~/path")

Please help me. Also, i have a follow up question, is there something like a composition in v6? a part of a doc type that i can include on every doctype and reuse?

THank you for any help,

-Kyle

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14324 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jun 14, 2022 @ 08:09
    Marc Goodson

Hi Kyle

Which version of Umbraco 6 is your site?

This version saw the introduction of MVC, but was still possible to build a site using WebForms - there is a setting in /config/umbracosettings.config called RenderMode which indicates which mode the site is running in...

There are still some V6 cheat sheets online with syntax in: https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/cheatsheets/

The concept of compositions was introduced in V7...

But there was a community package called DocType Mixins that had the same concept:

https://our.umbraco.com/packages/backoffice-extensions/doctypemixins/

(obviously this was like 11 years ago!!)

Otherwise the way you would tackle common properties is with Doc Type Inheritance...

so create a DocType with the common properties, and then create DocTypes underneath this DocType for the specific page properties, those created underneath would inherit the common properties... you can nest forever... led to lots of quite complicated structures :-)

regards

Marc

• kyle 49 posts 240 karma points
    Jun 14, 2022 @ 08:33
    kyle

Hey Marc,

Thanks for the detailed answer i really appreciate it, it will have a look at your linked resources and try and implement. the site is running Umbraco v6.1.5 (Assembly version: 1.0.4993.19246) and its based on webforms not MVC

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft