Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Per Bolmstedt 84 posts 380 karma points
    Jun 17, 2022 @ 07:12
    Per Bolmstedt

Azure BLOb Storage File System Provider upgrade 9 to 10

In 9, to add the Azure BLOb Storage File System Provider, you did:

• AddAzureBlobMediaFileSystem (to configure)
    • UseAzureBlobMediaFileSystem (to enable)

In 10, it seems UseAzureBlobMediaFileSystem is missing, and the documentation only mentions AddAzureBlobMediaFileSystem.

Is the upgrade procedure to simply remove UseAzureBlobMediaFileSystem?

• Keith 74 posts 240 karma points
    Jun 17, 2022 @ 08:03
    Keith

Yeah, the details you need are here

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco.StorageProviders/releases

The upgrade to version 10 also incorporates the 2.0.0-rc1 breaking changes. That has the comments about removing the middleware.

The comment about the extra slash in the 10.0.0-rc1 notes screwed me up a little. If you are using the CDN url setting you need to make sure the configured value ends with a slash and all your references to the configuration are updated to the correct new name (This might not be an issue for you, but I had some custom property editors that needed to know about the cdn url).

• Alan Draper 52 posts 135 karma points
    Jul 04, 2022 @ 16:45
    Alan Draper

Updating the development and test site to v10, but live will stay on v9 until we've tested everything.

Is it safe to use the Azure Blob Media File System concurrently on v10 and v9 during upgrading and testing?

• Alin Răuțoiu 27 posts 125 karma points
    Jul 06, 2022 @ 22:28
    Alin Răuțoiu

After I updated it servers my files from the container, but it ignores the ImageSharp processing. It seems like it processes the images because the first time when I change the parameters it takes longer to respond on large images, but it still returns the unaltered file. On v9 it worked as intended.

Jul 07, 2022 @ 05:46
    Per Bolmstedt

What changes did you make to upgrade? Update NuGet, what else?

• Alin Răuțoiu 27 posts 125 karma points
    Jul 07, 2022 @ 07:51
    Alin Răuțoiu

I removed UseAzureBlobMediaFileSystem() since it's no longer exists and that's about it.

Jul 07, 2022 @ 09:01
    Per Bolmstedt

I tried exactly this just now, and it seems to work for me. Upgraded from 9.5.2 to 10.0.1 (and all related packages to the latest versions). Removing UseAzureBlobMediaFileSystem() was the only code change.

If I take a media URL such as https://localhost:44319/media/<id>/image.jpg?quality=1 and manipulate the quality parameter, the image changes.

AddAzureBlobMediaFileSystem() is enabled in development as well, but not the media URL CDN provider (not sure if it's possible to use that in development in an easy way).

Jul 07, 2022 @ 09:35
    Per Bolmstedt

Is it safe to use the Azure Blob Media File System concurrently on v10 and v9 during upgrading and testing?

Do you mean using the same Azure Storage container for the v9 and v10 applications? The structure is exactly the same (media folder in the container root, subfolders named as media IDs, file(s) in subfolders) so I'd say yes. Not sure why you'd want to though, I'd just copy the v9 container to a v10 container.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft