Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas 160 posts 335 karma points
    Oct 05, 2022 @ 18:27
    Thomas

Re Organize Media Library

Hi all, I am facing an issue regarding the media library. A customer has a news site and unfortunately the article authors upload the images in the media library without creating folders and now there is a huge problem editing an article because the media library selector takes too long to load in order to upload or select an image. I would like to mention also that the images are stored in a blob storage in azure in order to avoid storing them in the local media folder.

From a further investigation I realize that the authors have uploaded more than 17500 photos on the root of the media library instead of organizing them into folders - categories. So the browser is trying to load the photos when the media selector window slide in and throws out of memory exception.

So, is there any way to reorganize the media library into folders in order to make it load faster?

I will appreciate any help - suggestion

Regards Thomas

• Corné Hoskam 80 posts 587 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Oct 06, 2022 @ 07:13
    Corné Hoskam

Hi Thomas,

This is very much possible! Depending on how you have your Media Types and their permissions configured under Settings, you should be able to create folders under which you can create & move images to. By clicking on an image, the option to Move it should appear!

Of course, with 17.5k photos, doing it manually might be a tough chore, so if you wish to reorganize the media library programmatically, you could write your own logic by making use of the MediaService, which has a Move method for moving IMedia objects! đŸ™‚

Hope this helped!

Kind regards, Corné Hoskam

• Thomas 160 posts 335 karma points
    Oct 06, 2022 @ 10:12
    Thomas

I found the following https://our.umbraco.com/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/50113-move-media-items-in-bulk-or-drag-and-drop-add-folder-picker-to-MMP-uploader#comment-305076

which was extremely helpful to resolve the issue by updating the records and moving images bulk in sub folders. I test it in development environment and it works perfectly. I just change the table names to make it work for v8.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft