Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Mahoney 235 posts 447 karma points
    Jan 10, 2023 @ 22:51
    Chris Mahoney

Umbraco 8 to 11 upgrade not possible?

I've been working on upgrading an old site to a modern version of Umbraco, and most of that testing was with Umbraco 10.3.2. I've also done some investigation around Umbraco 11.

If I point my 10.3.2 install at the old 8.5.5 database, all is well. It asks me to log in, then upgrades the database and everything works. I can then upgrade from 10.3.2 to 11 without issue.

However, if I try to go directly from 8.5.5 to 11 then it still asks me to log in, but gives "login failed for user [me]" when I enter the correct credentials. The log has a SqlException: "Invalid column name 'hasAccessToAllLanguages'".

Is this expected behaviour or have I uncovered a bug in the upgrade process? Google returns zero hits for "hasAccessToAllLanguages" which is interesting :)

• Huw Reddick 1736 posts 6076 karma points MVP c-trib
    Jan 11, 2023 @ 08:03
  • Chris Mahoney 235 posts 447 karma points
    Jan 11, 2023 @ 19:07
    Chris Mahoney

Thanks. I wonder why Jacques got an "unsupported" message instead of the SqlException that I got... but now when people Google for "hasAccessToAllLanguages" they'll hopefully get this thread and find out what's going on :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft