Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• naphong saebae 25 posts 135 karma points
    Apr 19, 2023 @ 07:35
    naphong saebae

Error Validation: The Alias field is required on Umbraco version 8.18.7

Hi All,

My Umbraco version is 8.18.7. I have problem with error "Validation: The Alias field is required". It happened when Add property in Document Types then click save. enter image description here

I try to this solution then result doesn't work.

https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/107470-cTan-no-longer-create-or-save-a-doctype-after-upgrade-to-v817-from-816

his forum, I don't understand with updating client dependency number. what (where) parameter about client dependency number??

I just found ClientDenpancy.config but doesn't sure that it is version number?

clientDependency version="1" fileDependencyExtensions=".js,.css" loggerType="Umbraco.Web.CdfLogger, Umbraco.Web"

Thanks for your help.

Best regards, Developer.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 21, 2023 @ 06:13
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Naphong

The reason why it's suggested to update the version number in the client dependency file is to clear the Umbraco backoffice assets cache.

In the above example you have posted your version attribute says "1" and you can try changing it to "2" for instance and then rebuild your solution. So your config looks like this

<clientDependency version="2" fileDependencyExtensions=".js,.css" loggerType="Umbraco.Web.CdfLogger, Umbraco.Web">

I hope this helps!

/Jan

• naphong saebae 25 posts 135 karma points
    Apr 21, 2023 @ 08:32
    naphong saebae

Hi Jan,

I try to edit version of clientDependency same as your recommend and rebuild but unfortunately it still stuck same problem.

I found more issued for this problem,see backoffice can't solve POST in attached image file.

enter image description here

Any solution, please let me know.

Appreciated for your help, Naphong

• Nidhi 32 posts 154 karma points
    Feb 07, 2024 @ 20:07
    Nidhi

Hi All

My Umbraco version in 8.18.11 and I am still getting the validation issue on Members. Has anybody found a solution to this.

Please advice.

Thanks Nidhi

• Nidhi 32 posts 154 karma points
    Feb 08, 2024 @ 00:29
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft