Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tine 1 post 71 karma points
    May 04, 2023 @ 09:30
    Tine

Invalid object name 'UFUserStartFolders'. Umbraco Forms 10

I'm trying to upgrade umbraco 7 to umbraco 10. I successfull upgrade umbraco but when I try to reinstall umbraco forms in umbraco 10 than I get this error:

"Invalid object name 'UFUserStartFolders'. Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlException, Microsoft.Data.SqlClient, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=23ec7fc2d6eaa4a5: Invalid object name 'UFUserStartFolders'."

at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData() at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString, Boolean isInternal, Boolean forDescribeParameterEncryption, Boolean shouldCacheForAlwaysEncrypted) at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean isAsync, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry, SqlDataReader ds, Boolean describeParameterEncryptionRequest) at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry, String method) at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at StackExchange.Profiling.Data.ProfiledDbCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) in C:\projects\dotnet\src\MiniProfiler.Shared\Data\ProfiledDbCommand.cs:line 216 at Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.Persistence.FaultHandling.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction[TResult](Func`1 func) at NPoco.Database.ExecuteReaderHelper(DbCommand cmd) at NPoco.Database.ExecuteDataReader(DbCommand cmd, Boolean sync) at NPoco.Database.QueryImp[T](T instance, Expression`1 listExpression, Func`2 idFunc, Sql Sql, PocoData pocoData)+MoveNext() at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source) at NPoco.Linq.QueryProvider`1.ToList() at Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.UserStartFolderStorage.GetStartFolderKeys(Int32 userId) at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Security.FormsSecurity.GetStartFolderKeysForUser(IUser user) at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Security.FormsSecurity.GetStartFolderKeysForCurrentUser() at Umbraco.Forms.Web.Trees.FormTreeController.GetFoldersAndForms(FormCollection queryStrings, FormTreeAccess treeAccess, String path) at Umbraco.Forms.Web.Trees.FormTreeController.GetTreeNodes(String id, FormCollection queryStrings) at Umbraco.Cms.Web.BackOffice.Trees.TreeControllerBase.GetTreeNodesAsync(String id, FormCollection queryStrings) at Umbraco.Cms.Web.BackOffice.Trees.TreeControllerBase.GetNodes(String id, FormCollection queryStrings) at lambda_method658(Closure , Object ) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ActionMethodExecutor.AwaitableObjectResultExecutor.Execute(IActionResultTypeMapper mapper, ObjectMethodExecutor executor, Object controller, Object[] arguments) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionMethodAsync>g__Awaited|12_0(ControllerActionInvoker invoker, ValueTask`1 actionResultValueTask) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeNextActionFilterAsync>g__Awaited|10_0(ControllerActionInvoker invoker, Task lastTask, State next, Scope scope, Object state, Boolean isCompleted) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Rethrow(ActionExecutedContextSealed context) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeInnerFilterAsync() --- End of stack trace from previous location --- at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.<InvokeNextExceptionFilterAsync>g__Awaited|26_0(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task lastTask, State next, Scope scope, Object state, Boolean isCompleted)

The version of umbraco forms that I'm using is 10.3.2 but I also tried other versions of umbraco forms 10 and I'm getting the same similar error.

(I tried to update first to umbraco 8 and umbraco forms 8 and that works.)

Has anyone encountered the same problem or can someone help me?

Thanks!

• Marc Goodson 2155 posts 14386 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    May 06, 2023 @ 12:53
    Marc Goodson

Hi Tine

It looks like in Umbraco Forms 8.12.0 this notion of start folders was added.

https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/add-ons/umbracoforms/developer/Security/#start-folders-for-user-groups

And this requires extra database column, I'd expect if you were upgrading regularly with Umbraco forms, each step would run any database migrations to add functionality to the new version and what you are experiencing now, is jumping from an old version to a later version and it's somehow skipping those migrations. So your error is triggered by not finding the new database tables/columns etc.

I guess you could try migrating one major version of Umbraco forms at a time or, if you install a vanilla version of Umbraco and latest Umbraco forms, you'll see the generated Tables in the database, and could then script these tables out to get the updated structure for your migrated content.

regards

Marc

• Sowndar M 54 posts 148 karma points
    15 days ago
    Sowndar M
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft