Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• sandeep007bonds 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jan 20, 2024 @ 05:19
    sandeep007bonds

Umbraco 10 to Umbraco 13 upgrade

Can direct upgradation from umbraco V10 to umbraco 13 is possible?

I have followed the below link for upgradation. https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/fundamentals/setup/upgrading

Did everything as per the document. (Upgraded .Net version, umbraco version, connection string etc).

After followed all the step when I started the project I got the "BootFailedException" exception.

Complete details are

{"@t":"2024-01-19T07:09:39.2807735Z","@mt":"Content root path: {ContentRoot}","ContentRoot":"C:\Users\S979414\UmbracoCore","SourceContext":"Microsoft.Hosting.Lifetime","ProcessId":10960,"ProcessName":"iisexpress","ThreadId":1,"ApplicationId":"347c836d918bffe3f5500a6b123d7477efaa7ecb","MachineName":"CFIN-8ZFLXD3","Log4NetLevel":"INFO "} {"@t":"2024-01-19T07:09:39.5544745Z","@mt":"An unhandled exception has occurred while executing the request.","@l":"Error","@x":"Umbraco.Cms.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException: Boot failed: Umbraco cannot run. See Umbraco's log file for more details.\r\n at Umbraco.Cms.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException.Rethrow(BootFailedException bootFailedException)\r\n at Umbraco.Cms.Web.Common.Middleware.BootFailedMiddleware.InvokeAsync(HttpContext context, RequestDelegate next)\r\n at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Builder.UseMiddlewareExtensions.InterfaceMiddlewareBinder.<>cDisplayClass2_0.<0>d.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location ---\r\n at SixLabors.ImageSharp.Web.Middleware.ImageSharpMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext, Boolean retry)\r\n at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Diagnostics.DeveloperExceptionPageMiddlewareImpl.Invoke(HttpContext context)","@tr":"ff3768eed9c025d6d10c0fac89838036","@sp":"dfa145c470b52aea","EventId":{"Id":1,"Name":"UnhandledException"},"SourceContext":"Microsoft.AspNetCore.Diagnostics.DeveloperExceptionPageMiddleware","RequestId":"80000008-0005-fe00-b63f-84710c7967bb","RequestPath":"/","ProcessId":10960,"ProcessName":"iisexpress","ThreadId":8,"ApplicationId":"347c836d918bffe3f5500a6b123d7477efaa7ecb","MachineName":"CFIN-8ZFLXD3","Log4NetLevel":"ERROR"}

Please suggest the way forward.

• Stephen 22 posts 144 karma points
    Jan 23, 2024 @ 00:21
    Stephen

I'm assuming you're storing media in Azure?

As of Umbraco 11, the Umbraco.StorageProviders.AzureBlob package was split in two.

You need to make sure both Umbraco.StorageProviders.AzureBlob and Umbraco.StorageProviders.AzureBlob.ImageSharp are installed and configured for things to continue working as they did under Umbraco 10.

https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/extending/filesystemproviders/azure-blob-storage

Jan 23, 2024 @ 04:12
    sandeep007bonds

No We are not storing media to azure... media are stored on the local disk under wwwroot folder.

I have also tried create a new umbraco 13 project and pointing to the same database, its is working fine. But upgradation from version 10 to 13 is throwing this error.

I am trying to upgrade to v13.0.3 but the same error with v13.0.0 too.

• Luuk Peters 84 posts 325 karma points
    Jan 23, 2024 @ 14:47
    Luuk Peters

The issue is caused by an incorrect database connection string. The call stack mention of ImageSharpMiddleware seems to be a bit of a red herring.

In this case the connection string needs to have ;TrustServerCertificate=True appended as the default used by the .NET SQL database library is now False.

Step 8: https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/fundamentals/setup/upgrading#upgrade-your-project-using-visual-studio.

Credits: https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/112407-umbraco-v12-exception-at-startup-when-run-in-docker

Jan 24, 2024 @ 04:13
    sandeep007bonds

We already have "TrustServerCertificate=True" in our connection string, but still the same issue.

Step done for migration was.

1. Change the .net version from ".net 6" to ".net 8"
    2. Update the umbraco version "10.0.0" to latest i.e. "13.0.3".
    3. Added "TrustServerCertificate=True" in connection string.
    4. updated the program.cs

WebApplicationBuilder builder = WebApplication.CreateBuilder(args);

builder.CreateUmbracoBuilder().AddBackOffice().AddWebsite().AddComposers().Build();

WebApplication app = builder.Build();

await app.BootUmbracoAsync();

app.UseUmbraco()
          .WithMiddleware(u =&gt;
          {
              u.UseBackOffice();
              u.UseWebsite();
          })
          .WithEndpoints(u =&gt;
          {
              u.UseInstallerEndpoints();
              u.UseBackOfficeEndpoints();
              u.UseWebsiteEndpoints();
          });

await app.RunAsync();

5. Clean and rebuild the solution.

FYI : The same connection string is working fine with newly created umbraco 13.0.3 project.

Is there anything that we are missing or is there any other way to get more details about the issue.

• Simon Napper 84 posts 254 karma points
    Jan 29, 2024 @ 15:24
    Simon Napper

I'd suggest disabling all your custom or 3rd party middleware references and then see if the site starts up, as at this point you're presumably just interested in getting Umbraco to work?

If that does work then enabling them one by one should help you narrow this down, as it doesn't sound like a problem with Umbraco itself if your clean solution is running ok.

Feb 01, 2024 @ 05:09
    sandeep007bonds

Hi,

Thanks for reply,

We are not using any 3rd party middleware.

• Yaco Zaragoza 80 posts 334 karma points
    Feb 21, 2024 @ 15:50
    Yaco Zaragoza

I have a similar issue, but mine is upgrading from V 11.0.0 to 13.1.1.

It was from a blank solution Umbraco Solution this is the error I get

enter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft