Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anders Brohus 138 posts 353 karma points
    Jul 31, 2017 @ 09:18
    Anders Brohus

Unable to empty recycle bin

Hi our! :)

Currently got a problem where i can't empty my recycle bin, it just gives me an "Timeout error" with "500 (Internal Server Error)"

The site did run Umbraco 7.5.6 so i tried to upgrade to Umbraco 7.5.14, but it didn't help.

It's both content and media recycle bin that i can't empty.

I'm trying to empty those since the database is using 2.2GB, and i have UnVersion installed :)

• Alex Skrypnyk 4847 posts 17440 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 31, 2017 @ 11:54
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Anders

Maybe it will help you, really nice SQL query for clearing Umbraco database, it can reduce size drastically:

https://gist.github.com/dampee/a8ead728165b16d49c00

Thanks,

Alex

• Anders Brohus 138 posts 353 karma points
    Jul 31, 2017 @ 12:41
    Anders Brohus

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your time! :)

I will try run that script, currently i have tried this one,

https://gist.github.com/genckastrati/0e7f7ae6156647e00a56eb5ef403166d

But it didn't allowed me to empty the recycle bins :(

• Alex Skrypnyk 4847 posts 17440 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 31, 2017 @ 14:16
    Alex Skrypnyk

You are welcome, also can you check what is timeout for sql server operations?

Try to check it with MSSQL management studio.enter image description here

Hope it will help,

Alex

• GiuServ 3 posts 74 karma points
    Jan 04, 2018 @ 11:16
    GiuServ

For umbraco 7+ (currently last release 7.7.7) i made this script to empty both media and document recycle bin:

DELETE FROM cmsPreviewXml WHERE  nodeId IN (SELECT id FROM umbracoNode WHERE (path LIKE '%-21%' AND id!=-21) OR (path LIKE '%-20%' AND id!=-20));
    DELETE FROM cmsContentVersion WHERE  ContentId IN (SELECT id FROM umbracoNode WHERE (path LIKE '%-21%' AND id!=-21) OR (path LIKE '%-20%' AND id!=-20));
    DELETE FROM cmsDocument WHERE nodeId IN (SELECT id FROM umbracoNode WHERE (path LIKE '%-21%' AND id!=-21) OR (path LIKE '%-20%' AND id!=-20));
    DELETE FROM cmsTagRelationship WHERE nodeId IN (SELECT id FROM umbracoNode WHERE (path LIKE '%-21%' AND id!=-21) OR (path LIKE '%-20%' AND id!=-20));
    DELETE FROM cmsContentXML WHERE nodeId IN (SELECT id FROM umbracoNode WHERE (path LIKE '%-21%' AND id!=-21) OR (path LIKE '%-20%' AND id!=-20));
    DELETE FROM cmsContent WHERE nodeId IN (SELECT id FROM umbracoNode WHERE (path LIKE '%-21%' AND id!=-21) OR (path LIKE '%-20%' AND id!=-20));
    DELETE FROM cmsPropertyData WHERE contentNodeId IN (SELECT id FROM umbracoNode WHERE (path LIKE '%-21%' AND id!=-21) OR (path LIKE '%-20%' AND id!=-20));
    DELETE FROM umbracoDomains WHERE domainRootStructureID IN (SELECT id FROM umbracoNode WHERE (path LIKE '%-21%' AND id!=-21) OR (path LIKE '%-20%' AND id!=-20));
    DELETE FROM umbracoUser2NodePermission WHERE nodeId IN (SELECT id FROM umbracoNode WHERE (path LIKE '%-21%' AND id!=-21) OR (path LIKE '%-20%' AND id!=-20));
    DELETE FROM umbracorelation WHERE parentId IN (SELECT id FROM umbracoNode WHERE (path LIKE '%-21%' AND id!=-21) OR (path LIKE '%-20%' AND id!=-20));
    DELETE FROM umbracorelation WHERE childId IN (SELECT id FROM umbracoNode WHERE (path LIKE '%-21%' AND id!=-21) OR (path LIKE '%-20%' AND id!=-20));
    DELETE FROM umbracoredirecturl WHERE contentKey IN (SELECT uniqueID FROM umbracoNode WHERE (path LIKE '%-21%' AND id!=-21) OR (path LIKE '%-20%' AND id!=-20));
    ALTER TABLE `umbraconode` DROP FOREIGN KEY `umbraconode_ibfk_1`; 
    DELETE FROM umbracoNode WHERE (path LIKE '%-21%' AND id!=-21) OR (path LIKE '%-20%' AND id!=-20);
    ALTER TABLE `umbraconode` ADD CONSTRAINT `umbraconode_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`parentID`) REFERENCES `umbraconode`(`id`);

Backup your DB before trying it.

• Markus Johansson 1535 posts 4297 karma points
    5 days ago
    Markus Johansson

Thanks for sharing this!

I noticed some errors related to cmsContent what was about to be deleted but had a foreign key constrain to a media item, after emptying the media recycle bin from the backoffice this code worked great on Umbraco v7.12.3.

Edit: Also for 7.8+ the umbracoUser2NodePermission-row can be changed to

DELETE FROM umbracoUserGroup2NodePermission WHERE nodeId IN (SELECT id FROM umbracoNode WHERE (path LIKE '%-21%' AND id!=-21) OR (path LIKE '%-20%' AND id!=-20));

// m

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft