Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tanveer 2 posts 72 karma points
    Oct 04, 2017 @ 08:41
    Tanveer

Umbraco7.7.2 Manual Installation Issue

I downloaded Umbraco 7.7.2, unzipped folder and opened in VS2015 as website. When i compile or run project i get error

The type or namespace name 'Image' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

C:\Projects\CMS\UmbracoCms.7.7.2\Umbraco\PartialViewMacros\Templates\Gallery.cshtml

This is code that is throwing error enter image description here

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Oct 04, 2017 @ 09:27
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Tanveer

You don't need to compile website, Umbraco is a website, so just run without compiling.

Also, try to change "Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.ModelsMode" to Dll in your web.config:

<add key="Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.ModelsMode" value="Dll" />

Thanks,

Alex

• Tanveer 2 posts 72 karma points
    Oct 04, 2017 @ 11:20
    Tanveer

You don't need to compile website, Umbraco is a website, so just run without compiling

I directly browsed the Default.aspx, it started from configuration page and finished successfully. But this is strange that when i run from visual studio i get same error mentioned above. During development definitely i will need to run from visual studio. I don't know how to get rid of this error. Changing ModelsMode to dll does't work as well

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Oct 04, 2017 @ 15:32
    Alex Skrypnyk

Tanveer, press Shift+F4 in Visual Studio and in Properties page set No Build, like on the image above:

enter image description here

• steschu 88 posts 489 karma points
    Jun 26, 2018 @ 12:13
    steschu

Hi,

I am facing the same problem - I DO HAVE TO COMPILE - because I will add my own Models/Controllers.

So what can I do?

Cheers, Stephan

• Tarik | WPPlumber 179 posts 801 karma points c-trib
    Feb 04, 2019 @ 19:16
    Tarik | WPPlumber

@steschu, I was able to debug the web app using the selected solution above .

Right click on the web app as below: enter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft