Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ZNS 60 posts 198 karma points
    Apr 17, 2018 @ 10:08
    ZNS

Why is content template editor under Settings?

Hi.

I think the Content template-feature is a real nice addition for editors. They can easily create a template when working with their content. However to be able to modify a content template they created the editor must have access to the "Settings" section which makes little sense to me. I don't want editors of content to have that kind of permissions.

• Jesper Weber 54 posts 170 karma points c-trib
    Apr 24, 2020 @ 09:34
    Jesper Weber

I agree with this, editors should be able to edit or delete content templates without the need for access to "Settings".

• Lasse Kofoed 49 posts 177 karma points
    Nov 12, 2021 @ 10:37
    Lasse Kofoed

Totally agree, this should really be moved.

Nov 12, 2021 @ 11:40
    Lasse Kofoed

From the Source i can see that it does not require setting access. https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/5bfab13dc5a268714aad2426a2b68ab5561a6407/src/Umbraco.Web.BackOffice/Trees/ContentBlueprintTreeController.cs

I just testet in 7.15.5 - If changing the application value from settings to content on the contentBlueprints in the trees.config. A editor can edit the content templates. https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/92610-move-dictionary-out-of-settings-section

How to move content template ( blueprints ) into content in Umbraco 8

Nov 12, 2021 @ 12:52
    Lasse Kofoed

Umbraco 8+ quickHack until i find a way to move the content template editor.

1 ) Create a item based on a template, in the url find the blueprintId and copy the ID eg. 1159

2) /umbraco#/content/contentBlueprints/edit/1159

As the content template system i protected by content editor rights. A editor can access the editor this way.

• Nora 28 posts 97 karma points
    Jun 30, 2022 @ 11:37
    Nora

Hi everybody, did you ever managed to have the content Templates in another section without giving editors access to the settings-section? I've got a 7.15.7 installation with the content templates in a newly created sections. Users have access to content, media and the newly created contentTemplate-section. It works well if they edit contentTemplates and if they create a contentTemplate based on an existing node in the content-section. But if they go to the contentTemplate-Section and click on createContentTemplate it doesn't work. For users with access to the settings-section everything works without problems. Thanks a lot. Regards, Nora

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft