Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom C 87 posts 222 karma points
    Mar 14, 2019 @ 18:11
    Tom C

Upgrading 7.12.3 to 7.14 getting "Error during installation"

Error during installation Invalid column name 'controlId'.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks a lot.

enter image description here

• jonok 297 posts 657 karma points
    Mar 27, 2019 @ 23:27
    jonok

I am also experiencing this error - did you find a solution? One strange thing for me is that the upgrade worked on my local dev machine, but this error appeared on the live site while upgrading. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm very stuck.

• Tom C 87 posts 222 karma points
    Mar 28, 2019 @ 07:05
    Tom C

No I just rolled it back for now - I was hoping the devs might take interest in it, as clearly there is a bug in the upgrade script but haven't heard anything so far.

Hmm I assume your live site is 'older' than your dev one? This might be a clue to the problem having been around a while without causing an issue before. My live site I have been upgrading for years, but not had an issue before.

I guess at some point Ill try to upgrade it version by version to see at what point the issue appears.

• JS 1 post 71 karma points
    Apr 07, 2019 @ 20:13
    JS

Experiencing the same thing.

For me it seems to trigger going from 7.12.14 to 7.13.0.

The only other post I could locate describing the issue was here: https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/95549-invalid-column-name-controlid-on-upgrade

Unfortunately the fix recommended in the post didn't work for me; as you say, hopefully someone can resolve this.

• Matthew Kirschner 323 posts 611 karma points
    May 31, 2019 @ 15:13
    Matthew Kirschner

This happened to me when trying to push an update to my production server (7.11.1 -> 7.14)

As posted in another thread, the best current workaround is to stop the site, copy the non-upgraded database from the server to your local environment and process the upgrade from your dev environment. Once the upgrade is finished, migrate the local database changes to the server and publish the updated files.

Still a hassle, but hopefully this workaround might give some insight into a bug fix.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft