Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Victor 25 posts 152 karma points
    Jun 13, 2019 @ 05:19
    Victor

Hello people,

I'm a bit on the fence if I should use U7 or U8 for an upcoming rather simple website. The first issue I encountered while trying to use U8 is that I could not find a package or a clean way to use custom fonts from a CSS files such the package below, which is for U7.

So, what do you suggest:

1) Use U7 instead and make use of already tested packages or use U8 and try to make the most of it?

2) Do you know any icon picker to work with U8?

Victor

• Rhys Hamilton 140 posts 942 karma points
    Jun 13, 2019 @ 15:46
    Rhys Hamilton

Personally, I'd recommend using V8 for a number of reasons - least of which is the fact that this the newest and most up to date version.

Since you're only building a simple site, it's a great opportunity to get to grips with some of the new features and code changes! (There's more on that here).

As for rendering fonts in the Umbraco back-end, there's a V8 package called U8 Font Awesome Links which might be useful, depending on how you intend to use the icons of course.

If that's still not what you're after you could have a look at this V7 guide. I'm not sure how relevant this still is for V8, as I haven't tested it out for myself, but it might be a good starting point if you're adding this feature in yourself.

• christopher muya 18 posts 200 karma points
    Jun 21, 2019 @ 14:16
    christopher muya

I created a package that allows editor to select font awesome icons. You can check it out here: Fa Icon Picker

• Edgar Rasquin 326 posts 925 karma points
    Jul 27, 2022 @ 08:42
    Edgar Rasquin

Hi Christopher,

how to I render the Icons in the frontend?

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft