Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Faheem Malik 2 posts 93 karma points
    Jul 17, 2019 @ 12:13
    Faheem Malik

[17:10:38] Using gulpfile G:\Git\Umbraco-CMS-8-dev\src\Umbraco.Web.UI.Client\Gulpfile.js [17:10:38] Starting 'build'... [17:10:38] Starting 'js'... [17:10:39] Starting 'dependencies'... [17:10:39] Starting 'less'... [17:10:39] Starting 'views'... copying ./src/views/*/.html to ../Umbraco.Web.UI/Umbraco/views/ copying ./src/installer/steps/*.html to ../Umbraco.Web.UI/Umbraco/views/install/ events.js:167 throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event ^ Error: The system cannot find the path specified. at notFoundError (G:\Git\Umbraco-CMS-8-dev\src\Umbraco.Web.UI.Client\nodemodules\execa\nodemodules\cross-spawn\lib\enoent.js:11:11) at verifyENOENT (G:\Git\Umbraco-CMS-8-dev\src\Umbraco.Web.UI.Client\nodemodules\execa\nodemodules\cross-spawn\lib\enoent.js:46:16) at ChildProcess.cp.emit (G:\Git\Umbraco-CMS-8-dev\src\Umbraco.Web.UI.Client\nodemodules\execa\nodemodules\cross-spawn\lib\enoent.js:33:19) at Process.ChildProcess.handle.onexit (internal/childprocess.js:237:12) Emitted 'error' event at: at DestroyableTransform.onerror (G:\Git\Umbraco-CMS-8-dev\src\Umbraco.Web.UI.Client\nodemodules\vinyl-fs\nodemodules\readable-stream\lib_streamreadable.js:558:12) at DestroyableTransform.emit (events.js:182:13) at Immediate.modules\through2-concurrent\through2-concurrent.js:37:14) at runCallback (timers.js:697:11) at tryOnImmediate (timers.js:667:5) at processImmediate (timers.js:649:5) Process terminated with code 1.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 17, 2019 @ 15:15
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Faheem and welcome to the Umbraco forum :-)

Can you ellaborate a bit more about your issue? Judging from what you have posted above it appears that you have been trying to build the Umbraco frontend? But I'm unsure if it's because you're trying to do a pull request for Umbraco or if it's because you're trying to install Umbraco?

If it's because you want to install Umbraco and try it then you should not build the code from source but install it either by using Nuget in Visual Studio or by downloading the zip file and run it through IIS express.

You can read more about how to install Umbraco here https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Install/

/Jan

• Faheem Malik 2 posts 93 karma points
    Jul 18, 2019 @ 16:02
    Faheem Malik

Hi Jan,

Thanks and sorry for the poor post, probably had you scratching your head :D

I was trying to build the source code from the "v8/dev" branch.

I think I found the issue and it was due to using Node 12x with gulp 3 which caused the issue mentioned here. So I downgraded to Node 10x and tried building with a fresh copy and it worked just fine.

The main reason I am trying to build is to contribute as a developer.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 18, 2019 @ 17:53
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Faheem

Ah, good to hear you managed to find the solution and get it all up and running!

Awesome that you want to spend some time making a pull request :-)

Happy coding!

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft