Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• AK 2 posts 72 karma points notactivated
    Jul 25, 2019 @ 20:15
    AK

AWS S3 - Asset Provider - Non Images Give 404

My team and I are rebuilding a site to use the latest version of Umbraco 7 (at the time of writing this 7.14.0) and host the site on AWS. We've moved all of the assets to an S3 bucket and are currently using I am using the S3 nuget package (https://github.com/ElijahGlover/Umbraco-S3-Provider) to handle delivery of the assets. Images are being recalled fine and all assets are set to public availability.

Very similar to this thread, I'm having issues delivering content that is not images. IE: mp4, pdf, csv.

I've already setup the VPP and setup the config files for FileSystemProvider and the ImageProcessor. I've also setup the Web.config in the media directory to handle StaticFileHandler. I haven't uploaded this to the media folder on S3, but I didn't think a file like this should exist there since it's an application file.

In the posts that I've seen where others had this issue they posted about needing to set their Global.asax to inherit from my project rather than the default UmbracoApplication. I've done this and still having the issue.

I've also come across this closed Pull Request for the plugin. The request attempted to hijack requests coming for "mp4" and accept the request. It was closed with the comment that "This should be done in web.config and not relying on HttpContext.Current" to "Add Accept-Ranges header to allow partial requests for mp4 files". I haven't been able to figure out how to add the header to the web.config for partial requests.

I've also come across the RemoteImageService for these files. I just haven't been able to figure out how to configure it beyond the documentation provided by ImageProcessor.

I'm hoping someone can give me a hand. Thanks :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft