Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stephen 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jul 30, 2019 @ 08:55
    Stephen

Unable to log into back office for a ported database

Problem: Unable to log into back office for cloned database from UAT environment. I know the password in the real UAT environment. I would like to reproduce a bug locally so exported the *.bacpac file. I am unable to login with my same credentials.

I am using;

<add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="7.12.3" />

We have passwordFormat="Hash" An article suggests we see the passwordFormat to Clear. However this causes an issue as we are also using ASP.Net Identity which cannot be used with UmbracoMembersUserStore.

This article suggests to reference UmbracoAdminReset.dll to reset the password. I added the file to the bin folder and refereced it within the project. But then I get;

Could not load all types from "UmbracoAdminReset, Version=1.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" due to LoaderExceptions, skipping:
    . System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Umbraco.Web, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

enter image description here As you can see I don't have a Umbraco.web, despite the application loading fine without it. This package references the version I am using saying "100%" support.

Another article suggests to turn useLegacyEncoding on but this didn't work, I even set the password to another hashed string that I knew the initial value of.

How am I supposed to gain access to an existing database?

• Erik-Jan Westendorp 29 posts 295 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jul 30, 2019 @ 10:00
    Erik-Jan Westendorp

Hi Stephen,

You don't have to reference it. Just put it in the bin folder and it should work.

• Stephen 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jul 31, 2019 @ 07:59
    Stephen

I went to that github for the package about, copied the controller directly into my project and resolved the issue that way. I was then able to override my original record.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft