Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jan Bengtsson 64 posts 107 karma points
    Sep 26, 2019 @ 07:59
    Jan Bengtsson

Database update not running

Hi,

I upgraded my VS project from version 8.1.4 to 8.1.5 via NuGet. And built the project. But when trying to update the database by running the site in a browser, the installer does not launch. Is there anyone else that has experienced this? And/or knows how to handle this issue?

/Jan

• Steve Megson 151 posts 1022 karma points MVP c-trib
    Sep 26, 2019 @ 12:35
    Steve Megson

Does the site just continue normally as though it's already upgraded, or does it try to launch the installer and nothing ever loads?

Has the nuget upgrade actually picked up the new DLLs correctly? Does the help window say that you're running 8.1.5, or does it still say 8.1.4?

Sep 26, 2019 @ 13:02
    Jan Bengtsson

Hi Steve,

The site loads as if it was not upgraded; there's no attemp to run the installer. NuGet seem to have installed 8.1.5 correctly, but since the installer never runs the help window says 8.1.4.

/Jan

• Steve Megson 151 posts 1022 karma points MVP c-trib
    Sep 26, 2019 @ 13:34
    Steve Megson

The help window displays the version from Umbraco.Core.dll, so something's gone wrong with the upgrade if it still says 8.1.4. In your bin folder, do the properties on Umbraco.Core.dll show the version as 8.1.5?

If you've got the right file on disk, it's possible that IIS has ignored the change and is still using the old version of the assembly that it already had in memory. Though I'd usually expect building the project to be enough to make IIS reload the assemblies.

Sep 26, 2019 @ 14:02
    Jan Bengtsson

Some hour ago I found this nice tip in the Forum, followed it and now I have a working 8.1.5-installation. It didn't take too much time and - most of all - it worked!

Thanks anyway, Steve! And thanks Dave for posting the tip.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft