Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris White 23 posts 43 karma points
    Jun 28, 2010 @ 10:30
    Chris White

Language Support

Hi all,

On the Umbraco web site (the "for end users" tour) it claims that Umbraco ships with language files for English, French, Spanish (with variants), Dutch, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian and Greek.

However, when I've installed Umbraco 4.1 and 4.5 and I edit a user (e.g. the admin user) the only options I see for "Language" are Danish, German, English (uk), Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish (se), and Swedish.

Where are the langauge files for Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Greek etc ?

Also, what's the difference between "Swedish (se)" and "Swedish" ?

Thanks,

Chris

• Chris Dunn 210 posts 401 karma points
    Jun 28, 2010 @ 17:52
    Chris Dunn

Chris,

Some language files are still being translated as a community project.  You can find complete and partial language files here.

http://umbraco.org/documentation/language-files

-Chris (D)

• Chris White 23 posts 43 karma points
    Jun 28, 2010 @ 17:56
    Chris White

Hi Chris,

So the Umbraco web site is incorrect and Chinese, Japanese, Russian etc. aren't supported as of yet ?

Thanks for the link, but it looks as though there isn't even a Chinese language file in translation currently, and Japanese is only currently 10% translated :(

I'm looking to implement Umbraco in a multi-country site we're developing, so I'm a little dissapointed that what is claimed on the web site is not the whole truth.

Thanks for the information though :)

All the best,

Chris (W) :)

• Grundizer 1 post 21 karma points
    Oct 12, 2011 @ 13:39
    Grundizer

Hi,

Been trying to find out if Arabic is included as part of the multi-language support?

Regards,

G

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft