Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ethan 41 posts 61 karma points
    Jul 03, 2010 @ 05:01
    Ethan

How to modify the hyperlink after create a new node?

I have installed umbraco4blog, and it automatically created a sub folder called blog under  the topmost content folder in content section, then we can visit the blog through yourdomin.com/blog.aspx. I don't like such link, can you tell me how to change it to yourdomin.com/blog or exactly, /blog/default.aspx. Thanks.

• Paul Blair 466 posts 731 karma points
    Jul 03, 2010 @ 05:30
    Paul Blair

To have say yourdomin.com/blog you will need to set umbracoUseDirectoryUrls to true in the web.config.

Another option is to have a sub-domain: blog.yourdomain.com

To do this add it a blog as a new node below the content folder (below your main content node). Right click on your main node and manage hostnames - set the URL as yourdomain.com. And then also manage hostnames in your blog node and set it to blog.yourdomain.com

• Ethan 41 posts 61 karma points
    Jul 03, 2010 @ 07:26
    Ethan

Unfortunately, it seems that it doesn't work. Although it linked to document type /blog, it returned 404 error page when  requests were sent.
    And the pages located in the folder were immediately in vain, they can not match the corresponding document types. Is there anything I missed? How about UrlRewriting, I have my site installed in a shared hosting, weather the function will be  in action or not? Thank you!

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jul 03, 2010 @ 10:36
    Dirk De Grave

Hi Ethan,

Paul's comments are really to way to go, set umbracoUseDirectoryUrls to true in web.config (and may/may not need some mods to iis, depending on running version of iis), and your blog should be accessible through http://domain.com/blog

http://domain.com/blog/default.aspx won't work unless you have a "default" page node under the blog node

If you still have issues getting the /blog page to work, please append ?umbDebugShowTrace=true to your url and let us know the trace output of that page.

And what exactly do you mean by "And the pages located in the folder were immediately in vain, they can not match the corresponding document types"?

Looking forward to your info.

Regards,

/Dirk

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft