Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sa 118 posts 152 karma points
    Jul 09, 2010 @ 07:23
    Sa

apply css class in tinymce rich text editor

Hello folks..

Hope everyone of you are Good..

i would like to have some pointers as how to apply css class instead of style for forecolor in tinymce editor?

Thank you

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 09, 2010 @ 11:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sa

There is a good guide about it in the wiki here: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/customizing-the-wysiwyg-rich-text-editor-%28tinymce%29/add-styles-to-the-drop-down-menu-for-editors-to-use

It should cover everything you need to be aware of the apply your own styles.

/Jan

Jul 09, 2010 @ 12:49
    Sa

no.. what i mean here is when  i select text and apply forecolor using tinymce richtext editor,the html content looks like this..

<span style="color: rgb(255, 153, 0);" mce_style="color: #ff9900;">Hello World </span>

but i would like to have it as 

<span class="colorRed";>Hello World</span>

colorRed is a css class which contain colorcode of red..

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 09, 2010 @ 13:04
    Jan Skovgaard

I think the answer is within the guide I posted at link to? (I'll admit I have only skimmed the text)

Normally I don't do it 100% the way it's described in the guide.

I would go to the styles section, right click and create a new stylesheet called "rte". I would right click on it and a style called "colorRed" (even though I prefer more sematic names for my classes) and I would write ".colorRed" in the alias field. Then I would write "color:red;".

Once the styles are defined go to the "developer" section and go to "Datatypes", and find the datatype for the rich text editor. In here you can select your "rte" stylesheet.

Now go to your content and click the "styles" dropdown - your "colorRed" should be there. Mark a word and apply the style and in html view the class should now be applied.

Hope this helps

/Jan

Jul 09, 2010 @ 13:45
    Sa

thank you for your reply..

I should have been more specific.. what i meant here is "forecolor" as like in this link click here (there is a option as like "select text color") and not style dropdown(but nice one,thanks)..

• Magnus Eriksson 122 posts 362 karma points
    Jul 09, 2010 @ 14:44
    Magnus Eriksson

How do you get the forecolor button in Umbraco? I don't even seem to have the option to add that button to TinyMCE in Umbraco...

However, I think it's sort of bad practice to use css class names such as "colorRed", I don't see much advantage in that to having inline style since you wouldn't want to change it to any other color than red anyways (maybe you could argue you could change to another hue) or use such a class to change other aspects than color. I would rather use the style dropdown and add some elements or css classes with semantic meaning and remove the forecolor button..

Regards,
    Magnus

Jul 09, 2010 @ 14:57
    Sa

to get "forecolor" you need to add the settings in TinyMCEConfig.config

• Rik Helsen 670 posts 873 karma points
    Jul 09, 2010 @ 14:57
    Rik Helsen

I'm with Jan on this one, don't use font colors (at least don't let your content editors have a free choice of colors), and use predefined css classes like in the tutorial

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft