Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom Holland 283 posts 40 karma points
    Jul 12, 2010 @ 22:45
    Tom Holland

Problems with sort after moving large set of nodes

I just redesigned our site and reorganized the navigation. Our site has 5000+ content nodes, and probably 3/4 of these where contained under one node (publications) which I moved up one level in our content tree. Because using the UI move method caused me so many problems with timeing out, I moved these nodes with a sql statement which updated the node path. I then republished all of the nodes.

The nodes all moved to the correct place, they display fine on the website, however, now when just about any node in the system is published, the sort order for my top level navigtion items moves out of order - but only in the published version of the website - the sort order in umbraco is always correct. Publishing one node from this top level of navigation corrects the error, but I would like to figure out a fix. Any guesses?

Thanks,

Tom

• Tom Holland 283 posts 40 karma points
    Jul 15, 2010 @ 15:16
    Tom Holland

Probably not too many other people will encounter this problem - looks like I forgot to update the "level" field in the umbracoNodes table when I rewrote the paths in the db. After changing the level, sorting seems to be back to normal.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft