Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jamie Connolly 17 posts 74 karma points
    Aug 03, 2010 @ 16:28
    Jamie Connolly

Changes to umbracoGui.css

Hi all

I was wondering if someone could help me. I created a few new custom sections in Umbraco 4.5 as I have done with previous versions. Everything went fine until I made a CSS change in the Umbraco CMS stylesheet (/umbraco/css/umbracoGui.css). The styles didnt seem to be changing no matter what I did (i tried deleting styles, adding new ones, editing existing ones and deleting my cache). I finally found that if I commented out the following line

<cc1:UmbracoClientDependencyLoader runat="server" id="ClientLoader" />

in the page, /umbraco/umbraco.aspx, the CSS dissappears. I am probably wrong here but I am assumming this line is somehow saving the initial CSS and then reverting to that saved copy every time the CMS is loaded.

Has anyone else had this problem or have an idea to solve it?

Thanks

Jamie

• Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Aug 03, 2010 @ 17:01
    Sascha Wolter

Hi Jamie,

this doesn't solve your issue I'm afraid but how creating a new CSS style sheet just put some references to the style sheet in the aspx file? If you are just styling your own sections you shouldn't need to overwrite any of the existing rules in umbracoGui.css, so there is no need to modify the umbracoGui.css file. Should you later want to update to a newer Umbraco version it would be cleaner with an additional CSS file anyway.

Cheers,
    Sascha

Aug 03, 2010 @ 17:08
    Jamie Connolly

Hi Sascha

Thanks for your quick reply

I am afraid I have already attempted adding in my own CSS values into the /umbraco/umbraco.aspx. The new CSS was also not being picked up. It seemed to only load the CSS that was on the original install and seems to ignore any additional content added.

Although it does seem to pick up inline css (although this is messy) but not any new external stylesheets.

Thanks

Jamie

• Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Aug 03, 2010 @ 17:19
    Sascha Wolter

Hi Jamie,

That is indeed odd. I just gave it a shot myself with 4.5.1, added a new CSS file in the the /umbraco/css path, referenced it in the /umbraco/umbraco.aspx page by using

<umb:CssInclude ID="CssInclude30" runat="server" FilePath="css/myOwn.css" PathNameAlias="UmbracoRoot" />

and voila the font for the create button was red. Very odd. Are you using 4.5.1?

Sascha

• Lennart Stoop 304 posts 842 karma points
    Aug 03, 2010 @ 19:35
    Lennart Stoop

Hi Jamie,

I wonder if the issue you're experiencing is anyhow related to this one:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/11200-Wrong-path-to-backend-images,-after-moving-site-to-a-new-domain

Have you tried making a backup and removing the contents of App_Data/ClientDependency folder?

Lennart

Aug 04, 2010 @ 00:30
    Jamie Connolly

Hi Lennart

Yes, removing the contents of App_Data/ClientDependency did reload the CSS files and now the styles have updated on the CMS. Although it seems that any changes I make requires the deletion of these files, I'm assuming that is not how it is meant to work?

Anyway guys thanks for the help

Jamie

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft