Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Aug 16, 2010 @ 16:40
    Ismail Mayat

Editor css changing colour of rich text field

Guys,

Using 4.5.1. I have created a new css called it Editor and assigned it for rich text edit field. In settings under that css i have created 2 child elements h1 and h2 and for those definitions put some style information in basically font size change.  When i go and view content in editor as expected i can see the styles drop down with my h1 and h2, however the rich text edit field is all black in colour.  The editor css is blank it has nothing in it so no idea why its picking up black colour

Any ideas?

Regards

Ismail

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Aug 17, 2010 @ 12:35
    Tim

Hiya,

Is the styles in the elements you add not just for the dropdown menu? I think if you put those styles in the main Editor.css as well it should work (although I could be wrong).

• Steve Barnhouse 40 posts 63 karma points
    Aug 21, 2010 @ 21:16
    Steve Barnhouse

Hi Ismail,

Did you find a solution for this?  I have a similar problem where the TinyMce rich text editor picks up the background image that I specified in the body tag in my css file.  Maybe your body tag has a black background?  If so, change that.

In my case, my body tag in my css looked like this:

body {background: url(img/darkBackground.png) repeat-x;}

The TinyMce rich text editor picked up that dark background, and cached it somewhere so that even after I deleted the background attribute in my css file, the editor still showed it.

I finally had to actually change the image to a different .png file with a light color.  Then, oddly, Umbraco logged me off and forced me to log on again, and then I saw the light background in the editor.  Very strange.

• Steve Barnhouse 40 posts 63 karma points
    Aug 21, 2010 @ 22:09
    Steve Barnhouse

Sorry for hijacking this thread.  Here's the link to my original question which is similar to Ismail's question.  Doug Robar posted a solution which essentially uses a separate set of styles for the mce editor so that you can give the editor its own background color.  

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/11943-Help-with-CSS-in-TinyMCE-editor

--steve

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft