Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sanjay Zalke 10 posts 30 karma points
    Aug 29, 2010 @ 11:47
    Sanjay Zalke

Admin UI Interface is broken 4.5.2

Hi,

The admin interface is broken, and IE8 it shows couple of javascript errors. To strat with for first hours it worked fine, but suddenly the css/style file might have get courpted.

I had just finished with Master and hpme pages for my site, so I don't think it is related to my changes :).

Does any one know how to restore the css/style of admin interface?

Thanks

Sanjay

• William Burnett 213 posts 262 karma points
    Aug 29, 2010 @ 18:39
    William Burnett

I hade the same issue and ended up just restoring a backup. I don't know what happened, but I could not navigate to any of the other sections other than "content".  Also a full "republish" has broken my entire site when using the new schema. Changing the config to old schema and republish EACH docment fixes the problem.

I am eager to use the new schema, but find it (at least on my upgraded sites) very buggy to say the least.

Aug 29, 2010 @ 22:50
    Sanjay Zalke

Hi,

I tried and reinstall 3 times, but after couple of hours it again behaves same. It is frustrating as I am unable to develop further with out admin UI.

Does any one have any solutions? Please I need this sorted out urgently.

Sanjay

• AntonioMX 58 posts 57 karma points
    Sep 04, 2010 @ 00:06
    AntonioMX

I had the same issues, I upgraded from 4.0.x using the advice here . It turned out that I forgot to add ~ to the following entries in the appSettings section of the web.config: umbracoReservedUrls, umbracoReservedPaths, umbracoContentXML, umbracoStorageDirectory and umbracoPath as they now start with a tilda (~) . And change <add key="umbracoStorageDirectory" value="/data" /> to <add key="umbracoStorageDirectory" value="~/App_Data" />.

• William Burnett 213 posts 262 karma points
    Sep 04, 2010 @ 01:57
    William Burnett

Yup.. another example of where the documentation is lacking or not consistent with regard to the REQUIRED upgrade procedures. I beat myself to death trying to get upgraded.

Sep 16, 2010 @ 11:17
    Sanjay Zalke

Thanks for replying all. Finally I take advice from you all and just done a clean install of 4.5.2.

Luckily it was early stage of project, where I have not done enough development. I tried some other stuff as well, try to upgrade to latest but no luck.

So my advice is to stick to a single version and complete the project first, then think of upgrade. :D.

Can any one mark this as closed post please?

Sanjay

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft