Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christian Kragh 14 posts 34 karma points
    Sep 10, 2010 @ 11:07
    Christian Kragh

Public Access

Hey.

I have a page with about 200 nodes under ant all the child nodes need to have access restrictions.

Is there a easy way to insert this access control to all child or do i need to manuel create the restriction on every pages?

Best regards
    Christian

• Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Sep 10, 2010 @ 11:29
    Sascha Wolter

Hi Christian,

would it be an option to restrict public access to the parent node? I'm pretty sure that if you restrict the parent page all child nodes will be restricted as well.

Otherwise it might be worth writing a simple .Net usercontrol that checks if the current user is authenticated, if not redirects to the login page (you might need to look at the mechanism to automatically redirect the user back once he's logged in) and then place that usercontrol on all the templates under that one node (or place it on the master template).

Hope that helps,

Sascha

• Morten Bock 1867 posts 2140 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Sep 10, 2010 @ 13:12
    Morten Bock

You might be able to do it through the /App_data/access.config file, which is the place that the configuration for public access is stored as far as I know.

Try and set up at couple of page through the UI, and then you might be able to copy/paste it directly in the file to set it up (or create the xml using an xslt macro). I am not 100% sure, but I think this is the only place that the information is stored.

• Christian Kragh 14 posts 34 karma points
    Sep 10, 2010 @ 22:24
    Christian Kragh

@ Morten Bock.

Perfect...
    Youre the best...

(I can't vote because of my karma state...)

• Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Sep 11, 2010 @ 00:38
    Sascha Wolter

Thanks Morten, good to know ;)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft