Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pat O'Callaghan 34 posts 56 karma points
    Sep 13, 2010 @ 01:44
    Pat O'Callaghan

Different tinyMCE config files

Hi,

we have multiple rich text editors datatypes in our CMS. One is the normal Rich Text Editor and the other one is a severly stripped back version. All it allows the user to do is add links and text. We were using the Simple Editor but from a client/user perspective didn't like the fact it didn't have the linking functionality the Rich Text Editor had, it's more manual in the simple editor.

In this stripped back version we don't want the user to be able to enter in empty <p> tags so we were looking at changing the /config/tinyMceConfig.config file to have the setting "-p[......]". From what I can see though if I make this change this will affect all the RichTextEditor datatypes in the deployment? Is there anyway to do it so that it only affects one?

Thanks,

Pat

• Ed Bishop 53 posts 203 karma points
    Jan 25, 2011 @ 15:45
    Ed Bishop

Me too, any ideas anyone?

• Chris Brown 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 25, 2011 @ 16:51
    Chris Brown

I cannot see how to call custom configs per RichTextEditor either. I would be interested in a solution too.

• Anthony 5 posts 25 karma points
    Mar 25, 2011 @ 00:03
    Anthony

spent hours looking for exactly any kind of  example of this functionality......... surprised is not more widely required or documented . I did come also this blog which I may use as a type of work around to create effectivity my own buttons and restrict template etc that way...

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mikerichter/archive/2010/12/20/how-to-add-a-custom-button-and-plugin-to-tinymce-in-umbraco-4-5.aspx

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft