Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian Parnham 6 posts 26 karma points
    Sep 14, 2010 @ 18:47
    Brian Parnham

Odd behaviour!

We are hosting a site and there are some ‘funnies’ happening in the live site that do not appear to happen in the development environment but we are not picking up any server side errors so at a loss!

The developers platform is Windows Server 2008 Web Edition and the production environment with us is Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition. .NET 3.5. Umbraco 4.03.  For example, if you navigate to a page and complete the form and hit the ‘Next’ button, it takes you to the Confirm page. However, on this page the ‘Previous’ button is always displayed but the ‘Submit’ button to take you to the payment engine is not always displayed – sometimes you have to refresh or hit the ‘Previous’ button and then hit ‘Next’ again to go back to the Confirm pay and the Submit button will be displayed!

Any ideas?

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Sep 14, 2010 @ 21:55
    Dirk De Grave

It would help quite a lot if you'd explain what all this previous/next/confirm/form/submit stuff is coming from? Can you provide this info? Are you using a package, standard asp.net controls,  or...

Looking forward to your info

Cheers,

/Dirk

Sep 16, 2010 @ 17:47
    Brian Parnham

Hi Dirk

Thanks for your reply.  Would it be possible to have your email address so I can give you further info - thanks - [email protected]

Sep 16, 2010 @ 20:33
    Dirk De Grave

Hi Brian,

Altho don't mind sharing my contact details, i'd still prefer using this forum to elaborate on your question. Some advantages of using this forum instead of email:

*Much more exposure as lots of people (not only me) can take a look at your question and try to help and solve your issue:

*I'm not available 24/7, making it hard to commit to provide a solution within reasonable time frame.

* If using forum, we can get hold of what questions/answers are relevant for your case so others can benefit from it.

Anyway, hope you can get us some more details and help you out the best we can!

Cheers,

/Dirk

Sep 17, 2010 @ 08:04
    Brian Parnham

Hi Dirk

The page in question is www.facingtheworld.net/donate

The 'next' / 'previous' etc navigation will then become apparent...although the 'submit' button now seems to be displayed each time without an issue!  Be interested to hear what happens when you try!

Sep 17, 2010 @ 08:54
    Dirk De Grave

Seems to work fine (Chrome 6)... next/previous/submit buttons are working properly, not sure if there's still a problem then... Seems like a small css issue as the submit button is quite close to the previous button, but apart from that... no issues.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Sep 17, 2010 @ 13:41
    Brian Parnham

Thanks Dirk.  It is very odd!

Quick question - I have noticed that the Development Server is runnig IIS7 whereas our Production Server is IIS6.  Could that be having an impact do you think?  Our base OS in Windows Server 2003 which would mean upgrading to Win Server 2008...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft