Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• tesuji 95 posts 139 karma points
    Sep 15, 2010 @ 13:37
    tesuji

Steps to redirect to another Umbraco page

Can someone spell out all the steps to redirect to another Umbraco page?

I've been searching this site but haven't found an explanation that I can understand. The following page is the best I've found, http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/umbraco-best-practices/umbracoredirect. I've been trying to do as it says and "Add the umbracoRedirect property alias to your document type with a content picker and you can then allow choose a node ID that you want the page to redirect to" but I haven't figured out how to do that so it works.

• Steen Tøttrup 191 posts 291 karma points c-trib
    Sep 15, 2010 @ 13:45
    Steen Tøttrup

I'll give this a go, as I did exactly this yesterday on a site.

First off, the document type of the page (the one you actually click on in the navigation, not the page where you end up!)

Then you flip to the page (again, the one in the navigation, the one that redirects you to another)

That's it, when you in the navigation on your site clicks on the link for this page, you'll be redirected to the one you choose in the "Redirect" content picker.

Sep 15, 2010 @ 17:16
    tesuji

Can you give more details, about the steps to get to this point? Do I create a new Document Type to do this? When you say "flip to the page" do you mean in the Content view nodes?

• Steen Tøttrup 191 posts 291 karma points c-trib
    Sep 15, 2010 @ 21:54
    Steen Tøttrup

You might aswell make a Document Type just for this, if you're not going to have any content on the page, that would make sense.

When I wrote "flip to the page" I should have said: go to the Content tree, create/edit the page that should redirect to another page.

I hope this helps, if not I'll try recording a short how-to clip.

Sep 29, 2010 @ 17:42
    tesuji

I finally got this working. I created a new DocType called "Redirect" and configured it as you recommended. I had to work out the correct settings for allowed template types and that sort of thing, then it finally all worked.

Thanks for all your help.

• Nagabhushanam reddy 3 posts 23 karma points
    Mar 30, 2011 @ 20:16
    Nagabhushanam reddy

I have  one questin regarding the redirect doctype. i am generation the Sitemap XML in umbraco. i don't want to dispaly the extranel Link(redirect page) in  sitemap xml. could you please help how i need to find the doctype called redirect in asp.net using umbraco libraries.

need quick help as it is urgent.

Thanks in advance

Nagabhushanam

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft