Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Geoff Baldwin 80 posts 100 karma points
    Oct 07, 2010 @ 00:15
    Geoff Baldwin

Creating a blockquote button in the RTE

Hi

I have been working out how to get the styles working in the RTE and essentially have it figuted - though I am a little unsure of why the styles bit is there? I assume it is so that you can create a style that is not in the stylesheet that the sub styles are hung off?

Any way, while browsing the forum to help me understand I came across a thread regarding creating a block quote in which the solution seemed to be:

>>>>>>>>>>

Not quite sure why this works (I guess it is already built in, but disabled), but i added this image in the umbraco > images > editor folder:

http://www.mattbrailsford.com/images/quote.gif" />

And then added this to the tinyMceConfig.config file after the indent definition:

<command>

<umbracoAlias>Blockquote</umbracoAlias>

<icon>images/editor/quote.gif</icon>

<tinyMceCommand value="" userInterface="false" frontendCommand="blockquote">blockquote</tinyMceCommand>

<priority>45</priority>

</command>

This then gives you a blockquote option in the rte data type settings which will give you a blockquote button on the toolbar, which seems to work. It still has the p tag inside the blockquote, but it's still valid html, and I do actualy need an extra tag inside the blockquote anyway so I can live with it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have followed the example (except that I placed it after the justify command and gave it priority 35) but the button does not appear for me to check in Developer>Data types>Richtext editor buttons ; and therefor not in the Content editor.

As an experiment I deleted the justify 'command set' and went back to the Developer>Data types>Richtext editor, selected out of and back in again. The justify was still there. So either there is some method to 'reload' the config file that I am missing or the editor doesn't use that file???

what am I missing? I logged out as admin, closed the site, reopned it and logged in again as admin to no effect.

• Matt Brailsford 4124 posts 22215 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Oct 07, 2010 @ 09:35
    Matt Brailsford

Hi Geoff,

I'd try restarting your app pool for the website (either by IIS, or by making a change to the web.config). This should force the site to reload any config files.

Matt

• Geoff Baldwin 80 posts 100 karma points
    Oct 08, 2010 @ 00:02
    Geoff Baldwin

Thanks Matt - that did the trick :)

• Warren Besthorne 42 posts 62 karma points
    Oct 08, 2010 @ 00:30
    Warren Besthorne

ha Geoff Baldwin warren here, I tried to get the email contact form on the site working can you help for  my site  at allphasetech.com you can email me at [email protected] if you want 

• Matt Brailsford 4124 posts 22215 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Oct 08, 2010 @ 09:20
    Matt Brailsford

Hi Geoff,

Excellent. Glad you got it working.

@Warren, can you please stop hijacking other peoples threads, especially when it doesn't relate to the question at hand, as it just makes it confusing for people looking for an answer to the same question at a later date.

Matt

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft