Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James 6 posts 26 karma points
    Oct 08, 2010 @ 10:54
    James

Header tag alignment working in editor, not saving on page

I am running Umbraco 4 and I have defined some styles to use within the TinyMCE editor i.e. H1, H2 etc. However, I can't seem to get them to align properly.

If I highlight text and select one of the header options it will align to the left by default, if I then select an alignment option from the toolbar e.g. center, it will align fine in the editor. I checked the HTML at this point and it doesn't appear to have changed (which is odd) so I can't  understand why the editor is aligning the header. Anyway, the result is when I then save the page the alignment is discarded and it is moved back to the left.

Does anyone have any idea's why this is happening?

Oct 08, 2010 @ 16:16
    James

I ended up setting up a local install of umbraco and ran it out of the box.....still got the same problem. After some investigating I noticed that the valid_elements field in the tinyMceConfig.config file was allowing the align attribute, but the actual editor (when you select alignment) applies the style attribute! So I added that into the valid_elements and restarted Umbraco and it worked!

However, I am trying to apply the same changes to my live site and it doesn't seem to be updating? Does umbraco cache configuration files or something like that? I have tried restarting it a good few times now and it still doesn't seem to pick up. Also cleared browser history etc

Any ideas?

Oct 08, 2010 @ 16:42
    James

Managed to resolve this issue, had to recycle the App Pool

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft