This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Ferguson 15 posts 35 karma points
    Oct 16, 2010 @ 19:22
    David Ferguson

umbracoRedirect question

I am trying to setup the following using umbracoRedirect

www.domain.com/folder1/  directing to;

www.domain.com/folder1/page1.aspx

I have added a content picker with the alias umbracoRedirect to the folder1 document type and selected page1 as the content to direct to.

When i run the umbraco site within Visual Studio the redirect works as expected. When i upload my site to the live web server (running IIS6) it shows a page not found.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 17, 2010 @ 00:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi David

Are you sure that the id you select locally also exists on your live web server?

/Jan

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Oct 17, 2010 @ 11:22
    Dirk De Grave

And what does 'upload my site to the live web server' mean? Did you just copy the database and file system over to the live server? Sure you've published all top level nodes (and optionally performed a republish entire site from the 'Content' node)?

Cheers,

/Dirk

Oct 17, 2010 @ 19:20
    David Ferguson

Thanks both replies. Yes the id I selected does exist, and yes I have peformed a full publish from the content node and still does not work.

Any thoughts?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 17, 2010 @ 19:39
    Jan Skovgaard

Which version of Umbraco are you running and could it maybe have something to do with permissions? And are you sure that it is not because of a typo? (I've hammered my head against the wall a few times realising my fingers are too big! ;-))

/Jan

Oct 18, 2010 @ 00:43
    David Ferguson

I am running version 4. I am sure it is not a typo because it works on my development machine using Visual Studio. It is when I copy the site to a windows server running IIS that the redirect stops. The rest of the site works perfectly, and if I reference the page directory page using;

www.domain.com/folder1.aspx

the redirect kicks in a directs the user to;

www.domain.com/folder1/page1.aspx

but not if I reference the folder without the extension

• Rik Helsen 670 posts 873 karma points
    Oct 18, 2010 @ 10:47
    Rik Helsen

I tried adding this property to a documenttype on a 4.5.2 install last week, and the contentpicker just wouldn't load for this property... so i suspect there are some issues somewhere...

• Max Mumford 266 posts 293 karma points
    May 01, 2011 @ 11:13
    Max Mumford

For developers purposes: Just to say, I am also getting this error on 4.7. Page not found error with debug information below.

• Lesley 284 posts 143 karma points
    May 01, 2011 @ 19:58
    Lesley

David (if you're still listening), and Max,

I think you need to configure your server for extensionless URLs so that /folder1 is handled correctly. There are instructions in the wiki: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/setting-up-umbraco-for-friendly-urls (Scroll to the bottom for IIS 7 instructions.)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft